navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » that is how love goes.
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic that is how love goes. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
electricxheart
since 2004-09-05
Posts 184
far away from home.

0 posted 2006-06-24 10:47 PM

rattling my fragile bones
all the apathy
sucking the life out of the summer air
things are far
from your painted up perfection
and i can’t shut you down
can’t turn you off
why
keep
our
hearts
waiting
the beat in slow tempo
and off tune
oh, we’re losing it
tell me we’re not losing this
built up battle
sticking in between
the confines of this
[potential] love
why do we care
why do we think
this is nothing new
coming and going like the way
you would whisper into my ear
uncaring heart
why do i love you so?

© Copyright 2006 Kelly Landis - All Rights Reserved
the_girl_next_door
since 2006-02-26
Posts 591
USA
1 posted 2006-06-24 11:14 PM

wow.. I loved this.. it was amazing. i loved how it  built up unitl the end.. I actually love the way that this poem was set up.. I usualy like stanzas but this was wonderfully done the way it is. I wouldn't change anything at all.. GREAT job..

going in my library..

~Heather~

Desire nothing except desirelessness. Hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes.
Want nothing & you will have everything.

Poetic Concept
since 2006-06-25
Posts 66
God's Fingerprint
2 posted 2006-06-25 04:27 PM

The only thing I do not like is the last word I would take that out...besides that I think this does have (potential) I like when poets do that it is funny because many poets dont understand that the reader must understand the poems and at the same time feel the concepts that are involved in this as well' I think that this is good and keep writing elevation is the key.

Return the favor on Dreams of a Vet

stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
3 posted 2006-06-25 06:20 PM

For the last line to be correct in grammar I believe you would have to remove the word "so" but unlike poetic concept I liked it. Honestly I don’t know why I feel like it flows better with the word “so” than without, but that’s how I feel about it… I’m sorry, I’m not much help there!

I also liked how the poem was set up, the way you built the whole thing up for us, got us “into” the poem was great…

Anyway, sorry my post is so short. I’d love to see more from you though, and I hope you will continue posting

@-->---

latteaddict213
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2006-02-17
Posts 523
Colorado
4 posted 2006-06-25 11:03 PM

I also normaly use stanzas, but the way you set this up was perfect. I don't care so much about being grammicly correct. Only if it's big things. Little things are fine. I like the build up until the end and I love the way you ended it with a question. Well that's about it. Nice work.

Jessica    

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » that is how love goes.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary