navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » My Two Faces
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Two Faces Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
The Shadow in Blue
since 2006-05-18
Posts 493
EL, Michigan

0 posted 2006-06-23 08:59 PM

My Two Faces

The melting pot inside my mind is spicy yet sweet
pleasent but mean
sarcastic yet sensitive
And much like Mr. Hyde and the fair Dr. Jekyll
I bounce inbetween these invisibe ropes

Just like a cat my claws are always sharpened
always ready to retract when my pride is shot down
straight from its' sheath, hidden in cloth
it's velvet so soft that you'd walked by it before
and without any thought you're set in my trap

But the great Dr. Jekyll will shine through at times
with will holding strong and the smile not fazed
so in my attempt to be "the bigger man"
I'll turn my back to you and your web of lies
shining in the light of God's angelic glow

Yet alas my emotions run as high as a kite
wired with the electricity that flows through my veins
exuding from the bolts of lightning in the sky
that strike down with force to make me react
with my fists raised to the heavens ready to pounce

But these entities are in everyone
at least to some extent
for saving face to some and sharing your demons with others
is what binds us all together in the end of it all
together in out common bond of our many masks of emotions
Just like the duo of the infamous two

/\/The Editing Queen\/\
A good writer possesses not only his own spirit but also the spirit of his friends.

[This message has been edited by The Shadow in Blue (06-25-2006 02:23 PM).]

© Copyright 2006 Jill Slamka - All Rights Reserved
the_girl_next_door
since 2006-02-26
Posts 591
USA
1 posted 2006-06-24 11:55 PM

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.. wow... not many people will even know who your talking about lol.. this was great.. you put so much emotion into your poetry.. great job..

~Heather

Desire nothing except desirelessness. Hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes.
Want nothing & you will have everything.

stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
2 posted 2006-06-25 12:08 PM

Hey the shadow in blue!

I loved this poem it’s very intense! One of the main reasons I liked this though was because of the use of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. That was simply amazing, and yes, I’m surprised like Heather that people even remember those guys… I guess I shouldn’t be, it’s standard school reading, or it was when I read it, but still… You continue to astonish me with your amazing feats in poetry!

Although, I must admit that some of the stuff in this poem was lost to me, I’m a little fuzzy headed right now with a cold. So I’m sure I didn’t understand as much of this poem as I would’ve wished… but I did want to tell you I thought you did an awesome job on this! I hope to be able to see more of your poems in the near future

@-->---

Poetic Concept
since 2006-06-25
Posts 66
God's Fingerprint
3 posted 2006-06-25 04:16 PM

I thought this was good, I havent seen two many Dr. Jekyl and my Mr. Hyde poems that could spark my interest in exclusion to this and another from another site. I am new to this site but i have been writing for almost a year and I think that this poem defintely has its strength in the concept...which is considerably hard with the rugged concept of Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde...anyways good job...elevation is the key

Return the favor on: Dreams of a Vet

The Shadow in Blue
since 2006-05-18
Posts 493
EL, Michigan
4 posted 2006-06-25 05:04 PM

Thanks for the responses and much adieu to you all.

I'd have to agree and disagree to Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde lack of prescense in my (high school) generation's world. I mean sure we don't read about it in high school directly, but-at least to me- most people should know the basic gist of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, even if you aren't a fan of reading. I think that of it in the sense that it depends on what you grew up and learned around for the extent of this classic's notority. (and d@mn did I just write a whole paragraph on what the English Department puts into their programs... )

On to other things, Stargal just to help you with the clearing up of my latest venture on this site I guess I can explain the circumstances in which I wrote it. Basically I was trying to convey the point that everyone has a negative and positive aspect to their personality and self by using said doctor and his alter ego. And I know I probably muddled up some lines in this, but heck nobody is perfect.

And that is my lecture for today. My next class is...next tuesday afternoon.

stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
5 posted 2006-06-25 06:00 PM

Lol! Much appreciated Teacher, but no offence, I think I learned that much from just reading the poem... What I was trying to say was that I "might" have missed something while I was reading that I shouldn't have. Maybe something deeper within the poem that I didn't notice, and since I didn't comment on so said "deeper" piece, I hope it didn't offend you.

Okay, that's confusing, what i'm trying to say is if i missed something while reading the poem I apologize for my lack of clear headed thinking

err... That still doesn't make sense! All well, cya in class on tuesday

@-->---

hunnie_girl
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
6 posted 2006-06-26 01:36 AM

But these entities are in everyone
at least to some extent
for saving face to some and sharing your demons with others
is what binds us all together in the end of it all
together in out common bond of our many masks of emotions
Just like the duo of the infamous two

i liked this stanza but i didn't really like the flow of the rest of it..... if you wanted to i think you could make changes and it would be nice.. it was a little long though......
good job on the last stanza
*hunnie*

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your
heart.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » My Two Faces

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary