navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » will you
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic will you Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
buttercupbaby
since 2006-05-03
Posts 400
outside in the rain

0 posted 2006-05-31 12:39 PM

{this doesn't exactly have a good flow...sorry!...but i wrote it to get out what i couldn't say..and it didn't really work=/...}

You quickly fall asleep
unaware that my heart
is aching and my tears
have dampened the sheets
are you aware?

As dusk breaks to dawn
i still lie awake from
my deep sorrow and thoughts
of what pain will come tomorrow
what pain?

This pain is relentless
consuming my every thought
my every breath, my will to go
on, am i destined for a
life of emptiness
do i have a will to go on
am i?

As the tide when darkness falls
drifts out at night and
returns at daybreak
so will i pray our love returns
cleansed and fresh
will it?

I live through you and i also
die through you, you're
the only one that
can revive me from my death

will you?

~missy
My tears of love are a waste of time if I turn away..
my love is a waste of time
if you never stay

© Copyright 2006 Marisa F - All Rights Reserved
forever*wishing
since 2006-05-29
Posts 178
where my heart is
1 posted 2006-05-31 05:52 PM

good job...im a little confussled tho...
lol

~L

stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
2 posted 2006-05-31 07:08 PM

Hey,

Yes, you are right, not a lot of flow, but not all poems have to have flow. If this was just a poem where you are trying to get something out of your mind into the open, than I don't expect you to have a whole lot of flow. Wow... That sounds kind of arrogant, sorry

I didn't really find this confusing at all, in fact i can relate to this 100%. Mostly the ending stanza, sometimes i wonder if i'm going to be brought back by someone also... but, of course, my understanding of this poem might not be your understanding of your poem. Everyone has a different idea of what they read, we won't always see the deeper meanings that the writer does.

I'm afraid I am not adding much to this post, I'm not feeling in a very critiquing way

Great write on this one. I hope everything goes better for you in the future... that is IF i'm understanding this right. lol

@-->---

buttercupbaby
since 2006-05-03
Posts 400
outside in the rain
3 posted 2006-06-01 12:02 PM

you are...
when i wrote this I just wrote it, like I said, to get feeling's out...not for it to rhyme or anything...
I think the people that get it understand what it means, and what I'm trying to show in this poem...what I went through.
I guess I didn't want it to "flow" perfectly because the relationship didn't "flow" perfectly either..

thanks for writing back!!
~missy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » will you

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary