navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » no one compares
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic no one compares Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
buttercupbaby
since 2006-05-03
Posts 400
outside in the rain

0 posted 2006-05-25 11:11 PM

Your Perfect…
…Because everything you do
Makes me smile
…Because every second spent with you
Is worth while
…Because when you laugh at me
I laugh too
…Because everyone else can see
That I’m devoted to you
…Because I love your eyes
And the way they shine
…Because you don’t tell lies
And you’re so cute when you whine
…Because when you get mad
You can’t hide it
…Because even when you’re sad
I can find it
…Because the way you hold me
Sends shivers down my spine
…Because your spirits so free
And you’re so darn fine
…Because I never stop thinking about you
It’s not fair
…Because you’re just perfect
And no one else can compare..

© Copyright 2006 Marisa F - All Rights Reserved
forever*wishing
since 2006-05-29
Posts 178
where my heart is
1 posted 2006-05-29 09:36 PM

amazing.

~L

scyzoryk_o4
since 2006-05-23
Posts 36
Canada and Poland
2 posted 2006-05-29 09:56 PM

Nice poem I like the stile, its interesting how you use because every other line without making it sounds too repetitive. Also I can relate because for a while I felt the same way about a girlfriend, until well I realized that no one person is perfect, we are all perfect with our faults and good qualities. Nice write

Maksym

stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
3 posted 2006-05-29 10:04 PM

Umm, well, I hate to disagree, but after awhile I did find the “because” became a little bit repetitive.
Now, that could be just because I read the other comment, and started noticing it more when I read it over again, I’m not sure…  but, I did want to give you my honest opinion of it, so I had to tell you, no offence of course.

As for no one being perfect? Perfectly true, that’s why whenever I read something that talks about the “perfect” person, I always think perfectly human! Umm, does that make any sense, or is that just to confusing?

I did like how you put the reasons to why you thought he/she was “perfect”, I know that I have trouble coming up with new and unique ideas on that, but on yours you seemed to have no troubles at all.

I liked this poem a lot, and I’m sorry that I did not post on it sooner, I’m afraid I have been away or else I would have.  So great write on this one once again, and I hope to see more of your writes in the near future

@-->---

buttercupbaby
since 2006-05-03
Posts 400
outside in the rain
4 posted 2006-05-30 12:30 PM

thanks for the critique..
when it says that "you're perfect" i meant in all the things i had put in the poem, not as a perfect human. Just perfect for me i guess...thanks again

~missy
My tears of love are a waste of time if I turn away

i have decided to love, hate is too much to bear
-MLK, jr.

the_girl_next_door
since 2006-02-26
Posts 591
USA
5 posted 2006-06-04 11:05 PM

I read this once before and I read it to my bff but I guess I just got the chance to comment on it.. wonderful Wonderful. WONDERFUL! I loved this poem by you.. it was great.. I can tell how the feelings in this all come together at the end.. it's simple and sweet and just amazing.

Great job.
~Heather

Desire nothing except desirelessness. Hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes.
Want nothing & you will have everything.

bekahlekah45
since 2006-03-14
Posts 533

6 posted 2006-06-04 11:10 PM

i realy really really liked this.  yes the because's were repetitive (is that the word! haha )  but it all came together and i loved it.  
Good job!

buttercupbaby
since 2006-05-03
Posts 400
outside in the rain
7 posted 2006-06-05 03:29 PM

aww, I feel special that you read my poem to your bf, heather!!!thats so sweet..and thanks for the critique bekahlekah!!it does kind of get repitive{that is the word=)..} but I couldn't think of anything else to put!!=/ oh well..thanks alot!!it means alot y'all..

xox
-missy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » no one compares

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary