navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Morbid Insulation
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Morbid Insulation Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
triggerfingerxx
since 2006-02-02
Posts 8

0 posted 2006-04-21 02:20 PM

Belabor has become of me. Derailed imaginations spark felicitously in my wooly-cotton conscience that cadence down to my feet in sundered patterns.

Ink.
Drips.
Down.

Echo.

The shattered class writhes in shrill aversion as my feet cautiously walk the cold exploration of the chamber. How did I get here? I wonder, in fear of staying here for my eternity.
The door is barred and the handle is rusted for I am not strong enough to break through each. There is only a dim light in the room and that is my own arm, set on fire from all the pain inside of me. I cannot feel it; it has just been a numb flame since the beginning when it ignited in my heart. All has been lacerated and twisted, a battlefield after a war.

Destroyed.

But who is the one to blame? None of than I, the one who burned her bridges with her oddness, so long to being yourself, for it’s as vulnerable is your backside and is, of course, as blind as your backside. So now that flame burns gloriously within me and is starting the break the skin, no wonder others stay away, I am strange. Am I?

Yes, that is correct, I am strange.
As strange as a carnival creature, blind, barred in a cage, with others pondering me in fear.

Talk about a life of dreams,
There is no way out, there is only walking in the same old path in the same intertwining labyrinth.
But mine is small, and full of faded hope.

Let me say it again,

Faded hope.

© Copyright 2006 triggerfingerxx - All Rights Reserved
stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
1 posted 2006-04-26 11:07 AM

Wow! I love this poem so much, you could say it satisfies my morbid side…

There is nothing in this I would change…

If I had to choose a favorite spot in this, it would definitely be,

” There is only a dim light in the room and that is my own arm, set on fire from all the pain inside of me. I cannot feel it; it has just been a numb flame since the beginning when it ignited in my heart”

That part is just amazing, there is so much imagination in this whole thing!

One for my library.

@-->---

pullingxthextrigger
since 2006-05-01
Posts 133
MA,..USA llx
2 posted 2006-05-01 08:37 PM

ahhh luv this!!!
you have talent this is great!!!
keep it up <3

~nora

your pulling the trigger, pulling the trigger all wrong </3  llx

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Morbid Insulation

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary