navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » minted vision
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic minted vision Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lexy
since 2003-01-28
Posts 1038
California

0 posted 2005-09-03 10:30 PM

I shiver and I shake with the rain.
A million mint leaves dissolve in my veins and I'm all lite up on soggy spice.
It feels I've just devoured a can of vicks vapor rub and the cool firey sensation is sliding toward my stomach.

There's a mad man in the doorway, he beckons me into his mind.
I'm violated there.
I shiver and I shake because I can't take the stage without five painkillers and a long gown drenched in blood.
It has to be dramatic. Is it easy to use me.
I have million buttons and you somehow press all the right ones to make me run. in circles.

Reoccur.
I'm reading the same page, she falls on rocks pregnant and kills the baby.
The mad man, the dirty hands, I'm going to get an infection.
There's zero inflection in my voice as I take the pain with a smiling sort of frown and nothing else.
It gets stuck, drying out my throat.
I sound old, I'm old.
I'm breaking out in song all over the place, I'm throwing bottles and that old thirft store vase against the peachy walls.
I lick the sides.
I search for a size that fits my shrinking hand.
She falls on the rocks and kills the baby.
again and again and
again.  

© Copyright 2005 Alexis Smith - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2005-09-06 11:59 PM

Huh? this reads like a gruesome nightmare!
quote:
It feels I've just devoured a can of vicks vapor rub
YUCK!

Lexy, is this all metaphorical, but somehow, I missed what its about? abortion? drugs?
I'm sorry, maybe I'm just overloaded right now with rescue and recovery stuff for Katrina survivors. It's been a really long week already. But I'm trying really hard to understand what this is about. Any hints?

[This message has been edited by Midnitesun (09-07-2005 12:00 AM).]

fearing-laughter
since 2001-04-24
Posts 605
land of cheese (Wisconsin)
2 posted 2005-09-12 12:38 PM

see, i have the opposite view...i mean yeah it's gruesome, but i still really like it. honestly? yeah i have my own opinions what it means, and that is what i love about your poetry. i find hidden meaning in every niche, and yet realize that my thoughts probably don't even vaguely co-inside with yours.  i really like this...it is dark, but sometimes dark is necesary.  perhaps the hurricane katrina bit does make sense, but...that is sad and dark, and it should be remembered as such so the same mistakes don't happen again.  maybe the same sort of people that thought dark should be ran from are the same types of people that voted for an idiot like bush...therefore, why are we running?

thanks for sharing,
bergundy

At least we're still friends! At least we're still alive!--Alkaline Trio

tearsoflove13762
since 2004-09-05
Posts 488
Texas.. and yes i have an accent
3 posted 2005-09-12 11:18 PM

ever read beowulf? gross but good

LOVE NEEDS TO DIE

Lexy
since 2003-01-28
Posts 1038
California
4 posted 2005-09-16 12:00 PM

vicks vapor rub creates a cool sensation. I'm merely implying that by "swallowing" it I had a cool sensation in my lungs and stomach. its not literal. and this is based off a weird dream I had.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » minted vision

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary