navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » the anniversary of the bee and the bear
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic the anniversary of the bee and the bear Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
youcan'tseeme
since 2004-01-30
Posts 88

0 posted 2005-05-19 11:10 PM

The white feather blankets will be lifted off the snow soaked earth and folded up and placed on the closet shelf.
The thermostats will be turned in the opposite direction and the harsh wind will die down.
The thinner clothes, the vibrant toys, the awakening animals, will all be upacked from the attics and let out to play.
The hose will spill a first few seconds of hot water, and the ocean will warm up for the jellyfish.
The bodies will bronze tanner, and the grass will grow greener.
The sun is preparing for his show.

© Copyright 2005 youcan'tseeme - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2005-05-19 11:19 PM

and boy howdy I am sure looking forward to it!
HopelessRomanticGuy
since 2001-08-17
Posts 495
LI, New York
2 posted 2005-05-19 11:51 PM

Ahh, but SEA, you really should join this child of NY in Florida.  Then you'd have this all year long!  (^.-)

I really liked this, though it's a bit rough.  And it's a great thing to see a lighthearted poem like this.  It can get rather dark in here.

-Rich

"I am a part of the world that I hate/I wish the end would come faster, my world's a distaster," - Crossfade "Starless"

youcan'tseeme
since 2004-01-30
Posts 88

3 posted 2005-05-20 11:32 PM

I agree it is a bit rough. I probably shouldn't have posted it without review; I was bored and in the mood to write, so I just opened a new thread, and wrote this and posted it. I was pretty tired so the poem didn't turn out to be very long. But thanks for the comments you guys
I sure am excited for summer

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » the anniversary of the bee and the bear

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary