navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Moment of Death
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Moment of Death Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sweetpali08
since 2006-05-07
Posts 40

0 posted 2006-06-26 11:41 PM

Am not sure if i posted this here before.  I hope not!! Pleaase be honest to any suggestions .
oliveforum.com
-----------------------------
Those gates open and now you maybe an angel by the door of heaven.
Two years of your life getting tortured with this cancer you couldn't control.

I am sorry you had to leave life and those three kids of yours behind.
I may not know you well enough but i feel it to those who haven't seen.

One week ago , you were shopping for your kids knowing you will die soon at this young age {Twenty three}, at least thats what the doctors said.

You picked each cloth on those hangers and kissed them deeply knowing your kids will wear those soon and you wont be here.

I am truly sorry
Many of us don't apperciate life not until the moment of death.
We sit around paying for surgeons to look good , not knowing many are suffering to live a moment to see there kids grow with there degrees or even happily married.
Or many like myself , sit by the mirror and cry for how they look , and never say a word of thanking god.

Your little baby couldn't let go , Just kissing your neck while you died.
I don't even want to wonder of how that felt.

How about your husband , those tears of his ,seeing his only love die in between his hands.
It maybe because you deserved something more than this.
So god grant you his heavens.

I wonder at times, What will those innocent kids do without you?
Where would life put them other than your sweet arms.

I am so sorry for all this.
I bet your now by the doors of heaven waiting for your husband and kids to arrive, so you would enter with them together.

And many of us still never apperciate what we got , not until the moment of death.
Those torturing times only happen for wonderful people so god will test there patience and i can see that you passed your final exam with a smile on your face.

"How are they the VICTIMS if they are the OCCUPIERS?!"
~Paradise now

© Copyright 2006 Jannah - All Rights Reserved
the_girl_next_door
since 2006-02-26
Posts 591
USA
1 posted 2006-06-27 12:40 PM

I really liked this.. It seemed to me to be more like condensed prose in a way.. great job..

~Heather~

Desire nothing except desirelessness. Hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes.
Want nothing & you will have everything.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Moment of Death

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary