navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » (dont know what i should title this)
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic (dont know what i should title this) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
brokenheart15
since 2005-12-16
Posts 5
indiana

0 posted 2006-02-08 10:04 PM

Behind my back you call me a slut
and you call me a whore
when I confront you about it
you turn and walk out the door

if you dont want to be here
then why do you stay?
When you know you cant stand
to be with me one more day

You beat me, abuse me
and leave me to cry
as i pray to god
and keep asking why

When you come back you beat me again
calling me names with every smack
i dump you, two days later
i take you back

its pathetic i know
but i cant let go
cuz the one who hurts me
is the one i love and know.

feed back please!!!!!!!!!!!!

© Copyright 2006 Samantha - All Rights Reserved
Free_Spirit07
since 2006-01-29
Posts 222
The middle of my mind!
1 posted 2006-02-09 01:29 AM

Ello there,
           This is a nice poem keep em coming...is this true? If so im so sorry
x0x0
Free_Spirit07

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2006-02-09 10:23 AM

Notice that you asked for 'feedback' ...
so will respond with complete honesty here~

"its pathetic i know"

IF this post is representative of something happening in your actual life ... yes, I'd agree that "its pathetic" and needs to stop~
YOU have the power to STOP IT !

We stop both verbal and physical abuse by NOT allowing it to happen to us ... by having enough SELF-RESPECT to make sure it doesn't happen again~

I do not understand this line of thinking,
"but i cant let go
cuz the one who hurts me
is the one i love and know."

If it is happening to you ... get out of it~
love is not about acceptance of abuse~

I believe that there are others who might be going through the same verbal and physical abusive situations that would read this "acceptance" of the abuse as advocating a reason to continue in their own abusive situations~

Welcome to PiP~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -   noles1@totcon.com   

Stepharoo
since 2004-05-04
Posts 149
Washington, USA
3 posted 2006-02-10 03:54 AM

Wow, so much pain... I'm so very sorry that you've gone through this. No one should ever have to be put through abuse... verbal or physical. Just remember you are strong, and can over come anything. If you make up your mind to do so.
Steph

XxnoraxX
since 2006-01-24
Posts 122
<3 MA,,,USA <3
4 posted 2006-02-10 10:02 PM

This is real good- but like Marge said dont let it happen to you.  Hope that abusive creep stops abusing you-

XoXo,
XxnoraxX

No ones perfect;just perfect for each other-<3

latteaddict213
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2006-02-17
Posts 523
Colorado
5 posted 2006-03-09 02:28 PM

Its very good. like the others said dont let it hapenn again. you have the power to stop it! if you dont think you can ask someone else to help you. if they have a heart they will. nice write

Jessica    

Character is what you
      do when you think that
         no one is loking--??

the_girl_next_door
since 2006-02-26
Posts 591
USA
6 posted 2006-03-09 07:47 PM

This is a great write.. I agree with the others on this post.. You do have the power to stop it.. You can find someone better. My sisters.. both of them put of with this.. One has been with the same guy for 10 years. she's 28 and she could have so much more than the yelling and screaming and fights and hitting.. Not as bad as my other sister though.. she's been with this guy for 3 years and it's even worse.. so as much as I tell them.. I'm gonna tell you.. doesn't matter if you have kids together or if you've been together a month or 20 years.. Don't let your pride overrule you.. Stand up for yourself and get out of these situations. Life is not meant to be lived being abused.. So I'm being honest with you and point blank blunt.. I loved your poem it had a lot of meaning in it.. keep it up and remember.. You can do whatever it is you want to do and you can live whatever life you want to live just choose wisely..

~Heather

Desire nothing except desirelessness. Hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes.
Want nothing & you will have everything.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » (dont know what i should title this)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary