navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Walk Away
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Walk Away Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
tapper798
since 2003-07-20
Posts 353
My own world

0 posted 2005-01-24 06:00 PM

This time I can't walk away,
I'm stuck here watching you.
I hope with all of me that you stay
but I know just what you'll do.

I want to run up to you,
hug you, you say it'll be ok;
have you through your arms around me,
but I know just what you'd say.

Rewind time back again,
to the moments in my heart,
replay every feeling and thought,
if only I could suddenly restart.

Crush me, beat me down,
do anything to make this pain tempral.
I just want it all to end,
but unfortunately it's not that simple.

Flashbacks are the killers of the present,
just please let my memories fade,
let you hold me once again,
but I know it just doesn't work that way.

Pull me close to you...please,
I'd know just what to say,
but as I realize I gave you my heart,
you slowly walk away.

-Erin

I wrote this during Speech lol too much free time and too many hurt emotions so I thought I'd write and this is what came out! Let me know what you think guys!

AIM-blueyed angel940
One day u'll ask which is more important,u or my life. I'll answer my life and u'll walk away never knowing u are my life.

© Copyright 2005 Erin - All Rights Reserved
*Alli4000*
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry
1 posted 2005-01-24 06:12 PM

I always look forward to your poems Erin.  I especially liked this one, my favorite stanza being.....

"Pull me close to you...please,
I'd know just what to say,
but as I realize I gave you my heart,
you slowly walk away."

This is for sure going into y library...your poems are awesome!

~Alli~

Happy 2005!

HopelessRomanticGuy
since 2001-08-17
Posts 495
LI, New York
2 posted 2005-01-26 12:27 PM

0.o;;  scary enough, I just inked something simllar to this about three hours ago.   I have to say, I like yours better.  I hate that, wanting to do something so bad, but knowing exactly what would happen if you did, and knowing that the results would be anything but pleasant.  The only difference is that I've learned to walk away too easily.  Anyway, back on the topic of the poem, I have to question the use of tempral.... It looked like you were using it as a shortened form of temporary.  I dunno, it just dosen't work. And at the risk of sounding dumb, I'm not even sure it's a word.  Other than that, I've enjoyed this as much as I've enjoyed most of your works.  I'm rather partial to them.

"I am a part of the world that I hate/I wish the end would come faster, my world's a distaster," - Crossfade "Starless"

tapper798
since 2003-07-20
Posts 353
My own world
3 posted 2005-01-26 05:49 PM

haha well it might be that I spelled it wrong, it's temporal.  And yeah, I used it in a way that temporary threw off the flow so I used it instead. I looked it up to make sure that I wasn't using a made up word(something I do often hehe) and this is the definition I found that fits what I thought it meant.

temporal

adj 1: not eternal; "temporal matters of but fleeting moment"- F.D.Roosevelt 2: of or relating to or limited by time; "temporal processing"; "temporal dimensions"; "temporal and spacial boundaries"; "music is a temporal art" 3: of or relating to the temples (the sides of the skull behind the orbit); "temporal bone" 4: of the material world; "temporal possessions of the church" 5: concerned with secular rather than sacred matters; "lords temporal and spiritual" [syn: worldly] 6: of this earth or world; "temporal joys"; "our temporal existence" n : the semantic role of the noun phrase that designating the time of the state or action denoted by the verb [syn: temporal role]

Sorry bout the mix up, should I keep it or change it?

AIM-blueyed angel940
One day u'll ask which is more important,u or my life. I'll answer my life and u'll walk away never knowing u are my life.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Walk Away

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary