navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » air conditioning in january
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic air conditioning in january Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lexy
since 2003-01-28
Posts 1038
California

0 posted 2005-01-19 12:42 PM

Don't get into the car of a stranger...

He hangs a hanicapped sign from his mirror and he's in perfect health
Can't you tell...his spirits are tightly strung around my neck and his hope could crush me whole.
His brown eyes shine blue as he parks unevenly in the space and adjusts the sign.
For pity he limps and then coughs, eyes but not hearts take note and this is all he wants for its just a show.

This hearty boy- six feet tall.

He asks me to dress in all white and be his nurse, I prescribe him medicine to help mend his imagination.
We travel through holes in the wall.
I'm getting in the car with a stranger I've know for over a year
The vents sputter and produce cold air because we were pretending it is july still
even in my scarf and black gloves I shiver in the presense of my sickly companion.  

© Copyright 2005 Alexis Smith - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2005-01-19 02:06 PM

ok.....
I don't get it hon...
sorry

Savage Quiescence
since 2002-07-29
Posts 326
Wandering
2 posted 2005-01-21 06:10 PM

Hmm.. I took this somewhere else...

A boy who pretends he is still in love by saying as such and doing all the little things.. but they both know it's over, heating a flame that isn't there anymore, holding on to what is no longer.

I don't know.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » air conditioning in january

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary