navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » untitled...its deep
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic untitled...its deep Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
wvplayernotreally
since 2002-11-06
Posts 215
yakima wa

0 posted 2005-01-05 08:14 PM

I have tasted sweet yearning on my lips
I know what passion is
I have seen the pain in the mirror
staring back at me with deep dark eyes
I have felt the cold of lonliness grip
my heart and my soul
It refuses to let me out
to let me live a life that I am supposed to
I can't grasp the victory that is in store
I can only hold onto the defeat that has
cowardly crawled into my arms

when will this all end
I can ask myself that daily and never find an answer
i can read every expression on your face
i can see every movement your hand makes
still this doesn't make sense
the soul is drowning in its own pity
my heart has exploded because it can't feel
My body is numb to all that surronds
I hold to nothing but cling to everything
i seek what i can not find but is always hidden just behind me
where i used to be
the happiness i used to feel
the carelessness of my life that i could lead
now i have lost it
crowded in a room with only myself in it
i slowly sink away in the midst of familiar faces

and you said i know that this will hurt but if i don't break your heart things will just get worse. if the burden seems to much to bear remember the e

© Copyright 2005 Malloree - All Rights Reserved
HopelessRomanticGuy
since 2001-08-17
Posts 495
LI, New York
1 posted 2005-01-06 12:27 PM

I'm sorry you feel this way as well.  Very glad you could put it into such perfect words.  I know how it is when you know what you used to have and who you used to be, but can't seem to get back to that.  I guess you could say that I lie in bed with defeat as well, and it's touch is ice.  Very emotional write.  Loved greatly and truly.  I hope you won't mind if I hold onto this one.  It's rare I find anything that mirrors how I feel, and yet I always seem to do so here.  So I thank you.

-Rich

"I am a part of the world that I hate/I wish the end would come faster, my world's a distaster," - Crossfade "Starless"

aussie teen
since 2003-09-27
Posts 396
Australia
2 posted 2005-01-06 09:13 AM

you may never be able to go back to where you once were... but you can arrive there again just further ahead in time than before....
always hold your head high, keep a smile on your face, a happiness in your heart.... find something to laugh at once a day at least... other wise you will never be able to get out of that pit... laughter does help...

i was where you are before.... it hurts me to look back at it and it continuallly tries to make me go back to it, but we can only ever move forward...... keep that in mind... i can only move forward, never backwards..
keep writing
Ruth

live life as if your going to die tomorow....... but love as if your going to live forever......

WindSong
since 2002-12-23
Posts 313
Long Island, New York
3 posted 2005-01-06 11:10 PM

You weren't kidding when you said it was deep. And I remember the time, not to long ago either, where I felt like this a lot of the time. It actually made me a bit nostalgic. I know where you're coming from, it sucks and you already know, you wrote the poem.

I really liked it a lot by the way. I'm hoping to read more of your work.

~*Kirah*~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » untitled...its deep

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary