navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » For a moment
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic For a moment Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York

0 posted 2004-11-29 12:40 PM

If only for a moment,
you would return.
If only for a moment,
long enough to say goodbye.

The words would never come,
that moment came too soon.
I'd stand there silently,
and cry for something so grand.

If only for a moment,
you were here again.
If only for a moement,
i could take away the pain.

© Copyright 2004 Kellie M. Cantrell - All Rights Reserved
Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York
1 posted 2004-11-29 01:13 PM

My uncle was killed about 2 weeks ago in a motorcycle accident, and this is just a little rambling that came of that.
HopelessRomanticGuy
since 2001-08-17
Posts 495
LI, New York
2 posted 2004-11-29 01:19 PM

Kellie,
       And yet again, another tragically beautiful poem. Before I ramble on, I first want to say how sorry I am... though comfort is not my strong point, I'll admit, I'd just like to say I feel for you.  I know what it's like to lose someone and never get to say goodbye.  (RIP Robert Walsh.  Life cut short by humanities greatest threat, AIDS )  In the hope's that you won't get offended, and take this as the kindhearted joke it is, I'm going to say that a good alternate name for you would be TragicBeauty.  (The thought just wormed it's way inside my head.  AHH! my brain! ) Something about your writing brings us (the readers) alongside you on your emotional journeys.  You have that somewhat unique ability to not onle express how you feel, but allow us to feel it too.  Weather tragic or ecstatic, your emotions always wind up affecting the reader.  What great skills have been amassed in these hallowed halls!

-Rich

"Insert pointless winamp plug here"

"I'm burning in the heavens,
and I'm drowning in a hell.
And my soul is in a coma
and none of my friends can tell,"
  ~Take Me~ Papa Roach

Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York
3 posted 2004-11-29 01:31 PM

Thank you, I am flattered. I like the name TragicBeauty and I will probably use it. It will have special meaning to me.

In fact I did use it for my new email address: tragic_beautie@yahoo.com (although because my name is spelt with an ie at the end i changed the y in beauty to beautie to make it more personal)

Thank you for the thoughts on my Uncle. It is hard, and its not so much for me, he left his 10 year old son just a week before his 11th birthday. I think the moment is more for my cousin. But the pain is still there. I am likewise sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how that affected you.

~DreamChild~
since 2001-04-23
Posts 544
in your dreams
4 posted 2004-11-29 02:35 PM

how sad to hear of your uncle.
may you find comfort in the hour of grief.

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
5 posted 2004-11-29 07:11 PM

sory to hear about your uncle, Kellie..and yes, Tragic beauty..sounds lovely

hgs
M

*Alli4000*
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry
6 posted 2004-11-29 08:04 PM

Sad yet beautiful poem.  I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle Kellie.

~Alli~

*:.AIM = Alli4000.:*
Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » For a moment

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary