navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Disappointment (old one of mine)
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Disappointment (old one of mine) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
aaron woodside
since 2001-09-26
Posts 256

0 posted 2004-09-06 10:35 PM

I'm just posting this because I haven't posted anything in months.  This is a really old one that I like alot.  I've posted it before but that was like 2 years ago, so enjoy.  I'm working on something now that I hope will be amazing.  

Disappointment

I live my life for disappointment
feeling trapped on my endless circle
forever wishing once,
broken this pattern be
deeper and darker
each new shining moment becomes
when only held each morning
my heart up to the rising sun
to watch it set on me.

Comments?  And check back soon, I'm really hoping the one I'm working on will be great.

ex animo,
Aaron Woodside

They say the sweet is never as sweet without the sour.  So where's my sweet?

© Copyright 2004 aaron woodside - All Rights Reserved
chasing rain
since 2001-05-15
Posts 737
Canada
1 posted 2004-12-20 01:56 AM

Why didn't this get replies?

aaron--

I love the last lines of this poem. There's a hidden rhyme to the very last line there that I can't really trace, but it's there somehow.

I like your paradox with "deeper and darker
each new shining moment becomes
". I'm going to have to rethink this for a bit...

I'm not sure if this was intended, but the awkwardness of "broken this pattern be" caught me off guard. Did you mean it to be awkward to capture the sense of the pattern being broken? If yes, very clever. :P

I think if you reword "feeling trapped on my endless circle" to "feeling trapped in this endless circle", it will flow better; however, it makes the line less personal, so I'm not sure if that's the route you want to take.

I'm sure we all have our disappointments, but to live your life for the sake of being disappointed causes you to become less hopeful for what the world has to offer, and in a way, you imprison your own mind to some desolate wasteland.

In any case, I'm glad I found this. I didn't see this the first time (stupid me), but now that I have seen this, you're due for a spectacular post. Hurry up. :P

V.V.,
Leah

*Alli4000*
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry
2 posted 2004-12-20 06:43 PM

This is from September...where is this amazing new poem that you were going to post? lol.

Anyways, I'm glad you reposted this, because I like it alot, but I'm mad at myself for missing it!
Great job! Post something Soon!

~alli~

Happy Holidays!

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
3 posted 2004-12-22 09:54 PM

Very interesting write aaron.
Chris

~The soul that can speak through the eyes can also kiss with a gaze~
Gustavo Adolfo Becquer

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Disappointment (old one of mine)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary