navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Solutions to a Life Full of Reality
Dark Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Solutions to a Life Full of Reality Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
XxForever.BrokenxX
since 2008-01-20
Posts 891
Neverland

0 posted 2008-07-09 10:52 PM

A scrape
A cut
A bruise
Life is full of pain
A knife
A hit
A drop
They keep us somewhat sain
Love
Hate
Confusion
Emotions that can kill
Blood
Scars
Tears
If you don't leave I will

{~~*~~}

-I ask whoever reads this to think about the title, it's one of the most important things to consider. Thanks for reading, it's always appreciated.

"You are not loyal enough to eat my orange jelly beans!...'cuase dat's just how I roll.."
{~Emily~}

[This message has been edited by XxForever.BrokenxX (07-11-2008 12:33 AM).]

© Copyright 2008 Emmalee Yuri - All Rights Reserved
midnightdreamer
since 2008-02-03
Posts 309
Roy,ut
1 posted 2008-07-10 12:33 PM

i like this one.
mdinightdreamer

"It was heaven........right in the center of hell" Bella from New Moon

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

2 posted 2008-07-10 10:20 PM

I know you do not have a critique message but I think you should correct the spelling mistake for "solutions".  I almost mis-read that as "Salutations to a Life Full of Reality."  Indeed, I am tempted to write a poem of that title and see where I might end up.

Back to the poem.  The title immediately opens the door to some philosophizing.  This is especially true given the references to pain and to the ways in which one numbs it.  By pain I suspect you are referring more to emotional pain.  I was surprised that you didn't include writing or catharsis among your solutions.  

Any idiot can see that the result is true.
-- argumentum ad idiotum
Me!

Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
3 posted 2008-07-12 12:14 PM

Wow... that title made me really think!.. I mean more then usual lol.. Great poem Em!

~Zach~

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb....,"he murmured. "What a stupid lamb," I sighed. "What a sick, masochistic lion."

BrittanyJ
since 2007-06-03
Posts 461
Come find me?
4 posted 2008-07-12 12:39 PM

I really enjoyed this...nicely written

If you love someone, let them go. If they come back, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.

Mystress May
since 2007-10-25
Posts 296
Taunton, MA
5 posted 2008-07-14 02:44 AM

You ask us readers to focus on the title.... and I can definately identify with your words. I am a recovering addict and know what it's like to escape. I still escape.... I just happen to find a different way to hide.

Thank you for your words, doll!

P.S. not a big fan of jelly beans... love orange freeze pops though

Our scars are the foundation for what we have become

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

6 posted 2008-07-14 08:26 PM

I think I should comment more on the poem.  I liked the final line.  If indeed your poem is about addiction (to drugs, to one's sweet tooth, etc) then it ends with a wonderful line.  The speaker takes her addiction and personifies it, determined then to leave it once and for good.  
PoetsPlay
since 2007-12-22
Posts 56
California
7 posted 2008-07-20 12:44 PM

Wow, I really like this one! It does make you think of the horrors of reality, but we've got to remember the good things in life, too, or we'll go mad.

Alexandra

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Solutions to a Life Full of Reality

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary