navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » YOUTH
Dark Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic YOUTH Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Seeker72
since 2007-02-24
Posts 387
Oregon USA

0 posted 2007-07-28 07:46 PM

Scary dreams, midnight screams, sweat covered face, mothers embrace, first day at school, meet friends that last a life time, home work, fights behind the toilets, the teacher with bad breath, catch and kiss, never to be caught.

Birthdays, mc Donald’s, days at the beach, family outings, fights all the way, mothers music boring and loud, mother gone in the middle of the night, family loss never talked about, never to forget, going to work with dad hating every minute, sleeping at your best friends house, late nights, pillow fights.

School bully, bleeding nose, anger, revenge, stupid girls, lizards and snakes, going to the mall

Losing a friend ……

Drunk driver, to young to understand, to late to mourn, driver never found, maybe never cared, pointless, father and son lost, family shattered

100 lines, detention, confusion, and girls again not so stupid anymore, different, clubhouse, secret password.

Hate.

Brothers, sister, Christmas, toys, hormones, plans with friends, gangs, school lunch behind the hill, bullies, bleeding nose again, revenge sworn, revenge taken, broken arm, ditching school, police warnings, old church, stained windows, stones scattered all around, temptation, broken glass, old man shouting.

Soccer, the river, first job, Discover sex, dirty magazines, feelings changing, girls! Holidays, grandparents, ancient, smelling of death, stale, scary, grandma with a moustache, warts, old.

Wallet, $20, the mall, getting caught, brothers fault, shoplifting, friends vanish, drifting apart as new ones merge into my life, parents, hate you, love you, beer, first cigarette, menthol, lose your best friend to a girl, not the same, best friends again, new school, new bullies, pick and to pick on, storm, floods, summer days, sharp glass, bare feet, stitches loss of blood, Saturdays in the city, weekends, beer, experiment, pot, dizzy and sick, long time before I would experiment again.

Computers, Atari, old, Sunday school, religion, no choices, no desire, rebel, no control, no cares, no idea, new friends, Christmas not the same, no one left to blame.

No more school, real world, real problems, train tracks, homeless man, bloated dead, white eyes, buzzing flies, world is my oyster so ever one tells me, somewhere at the bottom of the sea, friends car, weekends at the beach, parties, bonfires, family unknowing, never fully knowing even now, ignorance, yours and mine, getting older, have traveled the world, never went back, never found that oyster at the bottom of the sea.

So much older now

Only memories remain, a photo or two, the good times and the bad

Regrets?

Some would never change the outcome

Times have past the good twisted with the bad to create the man who writes these words

Still searching for friends lost

Forever searching.

© Copyright 2007 Christopher Duncan - All Rights Reserved
hunnie_girl
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
1 posted 2007-07-29 12:04 PM

wow, the content in this was really good, even the flow was ok. the only thing I'd change is the structure. doesn't seem to be like the structure of a poem. but I liked this a lot...
hunnie.

~fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me~

BrittanyJ
since 2007-06-03
Posts 461
Come find me?
2 posted 2007-07-29 10:54 AM

This was really good I enjoyed reading it! And i can't wait to read more.

So no more hiding all your pain, you deserve a new start. That's why i'm closing myself away, this is a message from your heart.

Seeker72
since 2007-02-24
Posts 387
Oregon USA
3 posted 2007-07-30 04:14 PM

Thank you both.

I must agree with the structure issue I'm having with this one, I'm not too sure how it should be set out.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » YOUTH

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary