navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Life's a Merry-go-Round
Dark Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Life's a Merry-go-Round Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
volleypeanut94
since 2007-04-04
Posts 1

0 posted 2007-04-04 03:10 PM

I sit outside so the wind can feel like its brushing away my fury. And if I'm lucky, life will seem less blurry

I don't whimper easily, I trade tears for pain. But which ever one I own, there is nothing to gain.

I just live for today, not my satisfaction of tomorrow. When the day comes I feel nothing but sorrow.

My synthetic smile is starting to brake. How much more b/s can I take?

I wish this was less complex than what it seems. It's all perplexing my life and my dreams.

My body is rebelling against me or so it appears. My mirrors conclusion always drives me tears.

To act and damn the consequence.
How my apprehension surrounds me like a fence.

I only have my own shoulder to cry on as a result. I don't get why I don't let anyone close enough to consult.

I always feel compelled by resentment. I vary rarely achieve an accomplishment.

I screw up naturally; I say something I shouldn't say. That's exactly where I'm at today.

Music, Clothes, Fights, and Parties-Lies, cigarettes, Friends, and Bacardi.

That's all I have to my name. I think it's time for that to change.

My faith, drive, acquaintances, and pride are all I've got left on the bright side.

My arrogance is strong, but not towards my outside. Lack of confidence is the only thing that will confide.

I don't want to be the one everyone says is down. But sometimes I cry so hard I hit the ground.

But when I do I can only stand up and say. I will try and make tomorrow a much better day.

Then I take a deep gasp, and then I throttle for air. I descend apart, I cry, scream, and swear.

I punch my wall, shut my eyes, wrinkle my eyebrows, and start to cry.

I stuff my head in my pillow to kill the sound. Tomorrow will be the same, a merry go round.

© Copyright 2007 volleypeanut94 - All Rights Reserved
hunnie_girl
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
1 posted 2007-04-06 12:19 PM

Welcome to Passions. I liked the beginning and the end but somewhere in the middle kinda lost it's flow. I liked the content in it tho. I can relate to this...
hunnie

~fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me~

Kira Aso
since 2006-09-26
Posts 351
Closer to Hell...
2 posted 2007-04-15 12:39 PM

Welcome to PIP!!!
I really enjoyed your poem very much and will keep an eye out for you.
I do hope you enjoy your time here at pip and that you continue to write more poems.

Lots of Luv
Kira

~Should the truth be so buried
in the endless cemetery of broken dreams?~

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
3 posted 2007-04-15 04:40 PM

I could feel your words...
many good lines here~~

M

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Life's a Merry-go-Round

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary