navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #30 » Soliloquy for a drunk
Open Poetry #30
Post A Reply Post New Topic Soliloquy for a drunk Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

0 posted 2004-01-11 02:11 PM

Life’s retreat
Knowing no defeat
Sick
Passing a drink cabinet
Yes I didn’t make it
An old flower
Plant here
Roots solid
Sunlight in my hair
But you rush by
Future all before you
My future yet to come
My story yet begun
No little old man with nothing but mocking
Experience I offer
And you run away from my dream
I never ran

© Copyright 2004 Dave Page - All Rights Reserved
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

1 posted 2004-01-11 02:16 PM

sad...I hope all works out...David this was bittersweet and reminded me of how once I did run....but in the end, I honestly believe he made me run on his own accord and knew we were not meant to be for each other...and in that I'm so respectful of his kindness...although his lies were at the time, very very cruel and unthinking....perhaps he knew all the time...after all, I was there to. In the end...we both became very rich, for knowing each other and for allowing each other to go forward seeking our dreams.  

Brought back some very deep memories.  

DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

2 posted 2004-01-11 02:32 PM

A drunk will invent any excuse to do drink.

I worked with the guys off an area called Camberwell Green and I often felt they were better adjusted than the people trying to work with them.

I could easily start drinking and never stop but it all comes down to the ticking in your head and it's desire for life.

A Geezer for Stuffing was blocked by this site from being published.

He wasn't a drunk, but he blamed himself for the car crash that killed his wife and child and became one.

Another guy had worked all his life and be as stable as anything - he fell foul of politicians buying votes and as a small man trying to see his children whilst being bled dry, gave up.

Dave

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #30 » Soliloquy for a drunk

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary