navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #29 » U HiPoKrits
Open Poetry #29
Post A Reply Post New Topic U HiPoKrits Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Enigma
since 2003-11-13
Posts 11
kadena, Japan

0 posted 2003-11-15 12:51 PM

Poetry is supposed 2 B 4 any1.
Supposed 2 B 4 those who see life in another way.
But U want 2 label creativity, and put it in a cage.
Well that is fine, that is just the way U R.
But I will make U see, POETRY is 1st and 4most an art.
Who do U think U R? U really think U know what's up
The youth is puttin a voice back in it, we've had enough.
And 4 all of U, who think Poetry is all bubble gum [Edited by Moderator].
We're changin it up, and I'm startin the change with this.
OPEN UR EYES, AND UR MINDS!

[This message has been edited by Enchantress (11-15-2003 09:11 AM).]

© Copyright 2003 Robert J. Turner - All Rights Reserved
lil' Angel
since 2003-11-14
Posts 116

1 posted 2003-11-15 01:00 AM

Good poem Enigma.  I think that you have a lot of truth in this poem.  I believe that there are people that don't think poetry is an art and that's where there wrong.  It gives people a way to express themselves.
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
2 posted 2003-11-15 03:34 AM

will the real slim shady please stand up
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

3 posted 2003-11-15 08:35 AM

Hello Enigma and welcome to pips...

Yes ... you are right ... poetry is for everyone. It's an art of expression and open to be interpreted and represented to reflect the poet and his environment. You obviously have your own style and are passionate about it. There is nothing wrong with that. And you are right -- the "youth" is putting their own flavor and style into it.
Many wont embrace it ... many wont understand it..those who prefer classic poetry will not enjoy it..but it's not anyone here's right to put down your style. I have seen some of the replies to your work and I can see why you feel like you've been personally attacked.  Whether "we" like it or not..."street lingo" poetry, Rap poetry and so on, is part of poetry's future. Def Jam poetry and other shows like it speak to that fact.

We ALL, as poets, need to keep an open mind and respect each others individual styles. We dont have to like it...but we do poetry a disservice by not respecting the expression and the poets right to develope his or her own style.

That being said...this forum has guidelines about using cursewords and ****. You need to make yourself familiar with the rules so you aren't offending anyone. And in your replies you also need to respect the way "we" write here as well. Our classic poetry is our art and some of your replies here have been somewhat abrasive too...I don't think you've meant to be insulting as you were more talking in your "lingo" but it comes across a bit rude in a typed medium such as here.

We shouldnt be telling you to drop your slang style ( as long as you dont curse and break the forum rules) and you shouldnt be telling us to "street up" our poetry...Just like we need to be more accepting of your style...you too need to embrace how we write and where poetry has come from.

Its all about respect for Poetry...where it came from and where its going.

Cant we all agree to disagree and still be respectful of Rons rules and each others work?

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
4 posted 2003-11-15 11:08 AM

Enigma encourages Constructive Critiques: "PLEASE B HONEST TILL IT HURTS"  

i carry your heart with me
i am never without it
you are what a moon has always meant sky of sky
the wonder that keeps stars apart-
e.e.cummings

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
5 posted 2003-11-15 11:19 AM

Enigma,
Those that will read, will read and those that will not, will not.  
And force is a blot. LOL

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
6 posted 2003-11-15 11:22 AM

(smiles) Oh Robert, I agree with you 100% and THAT is why I don't approve of Constructive Critiques and don't like to critique others, as all honest poetry to me, that is great art! (big hugggsssssss) This is wonderful, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Robert, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

I don't need no proof when it comes to God and truth
I can see the sun set and I perceive

***Live***

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #29 » U HiPoKrits

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary