navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #29 » The Witches
Open Poetry #29
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Witches Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
Jacksonville, Florida, USA

0 posted 2003-10-30 11:53 PM

it is Hallows Eve
And the witches are preparing
For a night of festive fun
Fixin' there brews and potions
Learning new spells
To cast on the mortals
On Halloween night

They are bringing out their
Book of spells and chants
Riding on their brooms
Through the night skies
To look for their victims

They have their fires
And thier cauldrons with water boiling
All they need is their ingredients
And their prey
All this they look for
On Hallows Eve

Cold hands means a warm heart

© Copyright 2003 the_loner_23 - All Rights Reserved
ThunderMage
since 2002-06-20
Posts 812
Canada
1 posted 2003-10-31 12:06 PM

Those witches are so much like sorcerers. The biggest difference between a witch (or warlock if it's a male) and a sorcerer/sorceress is in the spells they can use - sorcerers wield the elements, warlocks and witches wield darkness. They can learn the same spells, but each specializes in a different discipline. Just like the real difference between a cleric and a healer in most RPGs - clerics rule with the Self (Spirit, Mind, and Body)while healers can rock the house with the power of light.

What is life without poetry and adventure?
"Little sister" is just another way of saying "Guardian Angel"!

Magicmystery
since 2002-02-13
Posts 821
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2003-10-31 01:46 AM

What a cute fiction there Loner

I am so glad that it is very far from the truth of witches.  Thunder, Darling... Witches Are the ones in tune with the elements, and their only rule of doctrine is "Only that you do no harm, do what thou wilt"... or something like that.... in other words and so you understand..... their only rule is that they can do what they please as long as it does no harm to another.... that's far from the "wielders of darkness"

I find myself defending another's belief here because it has been maligned and misunderstood throughout history.
It's like saying to you that Joseph Smith was a lunatic that heard voices and had a penchant for plagerizing the bible.....or that Brigham Young was a Carismatic power tripping cult leader bent on leading his followers into the desolation of the Utah desert.

I wouldn't imaging that the above is true anymore than I believe that witches ride broomsticks and look for victims.  They have been the victims here as their religious practices have been distorted and the holiest day of their calender has been made a mockery.

My son goes to a school that lists ALL religious and national holidays... Christian, Korean, Chinese, Buddhism, Ukranian, Eastern Christian, Orthodox, Hindu, Islam, Judaism, Sikh.... but not Wicca. Tragically, the practices of Wicca, which have been around much longer than most of these is not considered a valid expression of religious freedom.

To all the Saints, especially those burnt as witches. (Ironic that All Saints day follows Hollowe'en.)

Sherry

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #29 » The Witches

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary