navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #29 » Consumed
Open Poetry #29
Post A Reply Post New Topic Consumed Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

0 posted 2003-10-20 02:04 PM

Late into the night
only the darkness hears
the tears.
Uncertainty grips
with strangle hold,
suffocating thoughts~
clouding dreams.

Is it a dream this time,
or once again fantasy?

Once upon a time
doubt was non-existant,
but now hangs heavy
like ominous clouds
in the midsts of
the thunderstorms
of life.

Happiness once prevailed
until the events~

events of life~

changing that which was
     into the unknown of tomorrow.

Oh how,
how to recapture that joy,
this~ the only thought
in the silence.

The pain, the emotion
slowly fades,
     but scars remain....
reminding of the knife
that cut deep into the
tender heart,
with careful placement
of the doubt.

Thoughts reflected
on silvery waters.
Ponderings
in light of moon,
feeling moments of yesterday
slipping in to shadow
the dreams of tomorrow.

Trust, so openly given
can only be taken
by the one it was gifted too...
and the gift once handed back,
       can it ever be held again?

~Consumed~

Praying and hoping
that what is believed to be
truly is.

Knowing that it might not be.
Wanting to know,
but fearing the knowledge....

wondering, always wondering....

~Consumed~

It's better than I could have planned..
it's made me who I am...
{Trace Adkins}

© Copyright 2003 dmsmith - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2003-10-20 02:07 PM

I've been consumed.  Some is good.  Some is not.  Having this type of fear is what we all go through, now and again, and it really doesn't help to hear that because it never seems possible that others could go through this, and survive.

But we do.  We all do.  Keep writing it out.  You will slowly dissipate that which is eating at you, and it will dwindle and fade.

I promise.

Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

2 posted 2003-10-20 02:13 PM

If I could just turn off the brain waves I would be fine....
thank you.  

mysticpoe
since 2003-02-28
Posts 883

3 posted 2003-10-20 02:26 PM

Once that feeling comes, it never goes away. To be touched and followed by such things. So look to the light, for the true answers will always come. The privy part is communicating this. You did a nice job with this write.

mysticpoe

If nothing is something
then everything is
our thoughts and feelings
and all that exists.

[This message has been edited by mysticpoe (10-20-2003 02:27 PM).]

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2003-10-20 02:27 PM

"Look to the light".

Ahem.

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
5 posted 2003-10-20 03:42 PM

"Trust, so openly given
can only be taken
by the one it was gifted too...
and the gift once handed back,
       can it ever be held again?"

Ah Donna...I know this thought all too well.
Time, my dear....give it time.
~Heart Hugs~

~Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile~

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
6 posted 2003-10-21 09:05 AM

To one who is so gentle of spirit, these times must be especially difficult. When I was in this place of which you so adeptly and vividly portray, I could see no light for a period of time. I felt as though my life force had abandoned me BUT then light did start trickling back into my life. The more I embraced it, the further the darkness receded and eventually I was bathed in glorious sunshine and all became right in my world. I went from my 15 year old daughter being pregnant (her son is truly a child of the light), my husband leaving me for my girlfriend, my nephew disappearing and his body never found, my cousin being decapitated in an accident, my girlfriend's daughter killed in an accident--and me having a serious fall with almost two years of therapies, I was attacked by a man in the park just outside my home---all in a relatively short span of time! --and believe you me, there were a ton of other unbelievable horrors and misfortunes that befell me and my loved ones during that time.

I do know how difficult life can be--but I can honestly tell you, that at this very moment I have never been happier in my entire life. There were times that I honestly felt like throwing in the towel--but I am so happy that I didn't! There is light at the end of the tunnel. I continue to have incredibly sad and tragic things swirling around me, but I am strong enough to deal with them. I know that I have a very high level of light and cosmic energy in me and that I--like yourself, Dear Donna--am tested more than others, but I am determined to pass each test that life throws at me. I endure, I learn and I grow! There's a great big world out there, and I throw my "halo" into the ring and I live my life to the fullest! Life wasn't meant to be easy--but it certainly can be rewarding!

I have compassion for what you are going through and I am sending you a bubble of pink loving light to comfort you and to heal your heart.

Love & Light,
Linda

[This message has been edited by Earth Angel (10-21-2003 09:16 AM).]

Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

7 posted 2003-10-21 09:33 AM

Thank you all so much.  Linda, sometimes I write something like this with no intentions of really posting it, or find something I have previously written and am afraid to post it, not because people get to see a side of me when truly ALL poets are seen in whatever they write. My fear is that I don't want anyone to ever 'feel pity' for me because we all have our own struggles in life and I am not exempt from them.

Sometimes I end up posting, still unsure,
and then someone....somewhere shares something that helps us to come to the understanding that we all are more alike than what some might think, and that we all have common bonds.

It is when someone shares a word of encouragement that I end up being glad that I posted it anyhow.  Passions is truly a magical place, a healing place full of people who understand or at least don't judge others for their trials.  As Tracy Lawrence sings "You didn't dig the holes that he dug..."

Thank you Linda....thank you everyone..
love and peace to all.
~D~

[This message has been edited by Gentle Spirit (10-21-2003 02:31 PM).]

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
8 posted 2003-10-21 09:10 PM

(big hugggssssssss) God Bless You, sweet friend, I can understand this pressure ever so well, like we are all out of oxygen and it is hard to breathe when the helium is all trapped up inside and we exasperate trying to figure it all out without getting too much knowledge of the situation! (sad sigh) I send many angel heart hugs your way in hope soon all of this will evaporate and then you can accept the next big venture on the road ahead where you are destined to find relief and comfort, yay, God Bless You, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Donna, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

I don't need no proof when it comes to God and truth
I can see the sun set and I perceive

***Live***

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
9 posted 2003-10-21 10:57 PM

Hey Donna  . . .
you know I cannot rid myself of this
no matter what I do

Ponderings
in light of moon,
feeling moments of yesterday

always do . . I guess it is unavoidable
God I do adore this, yet these
feelings are so bittersweet
like biting into a sour apple, you know?
beautiful writing
xxoo  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #29 » Consumed

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary