navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #28 » Goodbye September
Open Poetry #28
Post A Reply Post New Topic Goodbye September Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart

0 posted 2003-09-20 07:12 AM

Leaves are turning, a cold nippy chill in the air, gusty wind blows harder through my long dark hair,

The crisp smell of autumn upon the gentle wind,
leaves rhythmaticaly dancing in the clear air, landing on my shoulder, being my friend,

Orange pumpkins, yellow cornstalks and fall mums, decorated on stacked hay bales,

Time for tricks and treats, Halloween, ghostly decorations, and scary tales,

My favorite time of year, the month the earth comes alive, a festive colorful show,

Candy apples, pumpkin pies, places to see, places to go, before the earth is blanketed with snow,

Tiny fluffy squirrels gather their nuts for winters stay, little birds leave us for now, fly south, fly away,

I love to roll in the leaves, jump, run, and play,
only if autumn would never leave us, please autumn stay,

Now you must go, for our friend winter wants to come and visit for awhile,

Seasons must change, as life, natures timing, natures style,

I love you leaves, I love you trees, I love you September, but now you must go away, until next year,

Leaving me with memories of sight, smell and taste, to remember,Goodbye September!

True poets don't write with the ink of quill or pen, but with the ink of their heart~

© Copyright 2003 Millette A. (Lester) Addison - All Rights Reserved
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

1 posted 2003-09-20 07:33 AM

Beautifuly descriptive my dearest heart...the sights,sounds and smells i can imagine..you bring them to vivid life..this is a fine poem my beauitful lady..love ...

Goldenrose.xxxxxxxxxxx

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
2 posted 2003-09-20 07:39 AM

Thank you my sweet rose of love, your encouragement inspires me to write more,
vivid words as vivid as your love, thank you for my rose, I gave you one back!
a rose to a rose..xxxx love~ARH

True poets don't write with the ink of quill or pen, but with the ink of their heart~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #28 » Goodbye September

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary