navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #28 » Please Read My Work Because Nobody Ever Does......!
Open Poetry #28
Post A Reply Post New Topic Please Read My Work Because Nobody Ever Does......! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LukeatNFFC
since 2003-07-09
Posts 42
Nottingham, England

0 posted 2003-09-14 03:36 PM

The War-Part of a Story I'm Writing. Acts as an introduction.

Never-ending,
Death was always pending,
Silence greeted every cheer,
Sunrise brought no end to fear.

Cold and silent,
War had never been so violent,
Laughter greeted every hope,
In the darkness, hard to cope.

Alone in Languish,
Parents exalted in Anguish,
Nobody needed the death call,
As another child had to fall.

I'd appreciate it very much if someone actually responded to my work, in a negative or positive way........Please...?

© Copyright 2003 Luke - All Rights Reserved
Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
1 posted 2003-09-14 03:44 PM

Gee, Luke, maybe you should post this in Dark. It's Sunday and well.....a lovely day really. Your writing is quite good, but there are soooooo many poets in Pip now, it's hard to respond to each and every one. I was told that as long as I am satisfied with my writing....that's what really matters...not the amount of comments I receive. Keep on writing my friend, and maybe try some "gentle, happy thoughts." hugs, Chris
MorninGlory
since 2003-08-30
Posts 175
Oklahoma
2 posted 2003-09-14 03:48 PM

I think it takes a while for people to get to know you here, I'm new too, but I also agree with the concept that it is more important to be happy with your own work than to rely on the opinions of others. Always nice to get comments of course, but I think many times our work is being read, they just don't have time to leave comments sometimes. Hang in there, I'm going to, I have to write, so I think I'll stick around a while! Lets enjoy our visit here..

~ becky

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
3 posted 2003-09-14 03:50 PM

It is a good write Luke.
It's so very hard to respond to each and every member
especially when the number I believe is over 7000 now.
I do try to read as much as possible,
but time limits the amount I can respond to.
Just because you don't get the replies you would expect...
does not mean people are not reading what you write.
I do!
~Smiles & Hugs, Nancy~

~ Summer can't be over...
   I still have sand in my shoes ~

JilGirl
since 2003-05-24
Posts 364
Washington
4 posted 2003-09-14 04:13 PM

I agree that this is a very fine write.

I understand the feelings when it appears
that no one cares, but as already mentioned by other members, replies are inadequate and that leaves a poet wondering if their work is good enough and even if they fit into the membership.

Take heart! If you like your own writes, eventually others will too. A good rule regarding replies is within the PIP guidelines. I try to answer three others before I post a new write. Then, I also try to reply to the writes of those who reply to mine. I believe that to be very important.

It takes a while. Just hang in there and keep posting your fine poems.

Blessings!
Shirl

'Tiz feathers that make the bird -
Always remember to keep them fluffed
but, never, EVER ruffle them!

[This message has been edited by JilGirl (09-14-2003 04:15 PM).]

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
5 posted 2003-09-14 05:06 PM

Sunrise brought no end to fear

I can relate to what I read in the news..war..and personally.

Nice work, Luke.

M

garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
6 posted 2003-09-14 06:19 PM

Luke, this is a very fine write, even though it is sad.
I'm sorry that you aren't getting the number of replies that you would like to get. As somone has already mentioned, in the guidelines, it is requested that if you want replies it is good to reply to at least three poems of other poets for each poem that you post. This isn't a rule like I have seen at some poetry sites, but it is a good idea. If you will notice, most of the ones who get the most replies to their poems, reply to other peoples poems.

The amount of replies someone gets certainly does not measure the quality of the poem. So, please keep writing.

Thanks for sharing this one with us.  
Hugs to you, Luke  
Ethel

QjQ
Member Elite
since 2003-04-18
Posts 3756
U.S.A.
7 posted 2003-09-14 07:25 PM

enyoyed the write  n read,,

Luke, Perhaps you should take some time and go in the Discussion forum and study the many threads in the Alley forum,,, and in other areas of PiP,, to enrich your knowledge,

froggy
since 2003-06-23
Posts 1893
Michigan
8 posted 2003-09-14 08:09 PM

Very nice read indeed Luke.

:-)

Ratleader
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-01-23
Posts 7026
Visiting Earth on a Guest Pass
9 posted 2003-09-14 08:25 PM

Oh WOW do I ever know that feeling! Seems like all I have to do is post a piece of my soul here, and it drops like an anchor.....and one little thing that I literally wrote in 30 seconds as a message to a friend, floated for more than a week, not long ago. Tis a puzzlement.....  

This poem has a hard subject that will make a lot of readers uncomfortable, so maybe they will bounce off it....Don't be too bothered if that happens, just do the best quality that you're capable of creating, and know it's good.

~~(¸¸¸¸ºº>   ~~(¸¸¸¸ºº>  ~~(¸¸ ¸¸ºº>    ~~~(¸¸ER¸¸ºº>
______________Ratleader______________

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
10 posted 2003-09-14 08:31 PM

Gee, Luke, I'm thinking this is beginning to be in need of a new title?

It's a good intro.  Is it for the book overall, or is there an intro to every chapter?

MARK V SHELDON
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 3015
In a corporeal internship...
11 posted 2003-09-14 08:56 PM

...write it, and they will come...

I'm losing hope that humanity will ever learn its lesson that war is not the way.  It seems that "we're" stuck in a permanent circle which has no end to it.  Maybe after "graduating" to the next life/level will "we" learn our follies...?

In any case, this was presented well and seems to make for a compelling introduction to a story which may have many possibilities.

-MVS

You CAN make a difference:
http://educate-yourself.org/

Wind
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-10-12
Posts 2981

12 posted 2003-09-14 08:59 PM

I think this is great, and yeah...it needs a better title. if you amke friends, you'll probably get more replys and feedback

And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!"
-Tool

ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
13 posted 2003-09-14 10:28 PM

Welcome to Passions Luke.
This is the first of your works I have seen.
Nice clean style...brought the emotions into easy eye.  

ThisDiamond

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
14 posted 2003-09-14 10:47 PM

Hi! It certainly pays to advertize! I think I'll try that line the next time one of my poems sinks into oblivion! lol

Remember the three R's!  Read, Write & Reply!
It works!--most of the time!

Now that you have our attention, let's see some more of your work!

--and as far as this poem goes, you're on the money regarding war. War is never-ending on this planet. It has an ugly face and it sucks!--and when children fall, so too does our humanity.

Peace & Light,
EA

[This message has been edited by Earth Angel (09-14-2003 11:13 PM).]

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
15 posted 2003-09-15 12:24 PM

No one needs another death call.
So true, so true.
But your title apparently isn't a true statement any longer.

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
16 posted 2003-09-15 06:31 PM

Luke~

Nice job!

Is the entire book about war?

Susan

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
17 posted 2003-09-16 05:13 AM

"Nobody needed the death call."
So true, needs nor wants...James

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
18 posted 2003-09-16 09:38 PM

(big hugggssssssss) Oh Luke, I am so very sorry yo haven't gotten the number of replies you deserve so very much, sweet friend, I, myself, was just like you and many other members here before. In fact, I joined Passions around Christmas of 2000 and didn't get noticed until one entire year later, and it just comes to show that perserverance is the key to feeling like family! (smiles) Reading and commenting really helps to boost your number of replies, sweet friend, that way many will want to return the favor to you happily! (sigh) Your poem is very powerful, dearest friend, I don't believe in ANY war, and never will, and when someone lies to a nation about the excuse to start a war, that's even worse and I lose all my respect for liars! (sad sigh) You speak with true conviction and heart, sweet friend, God Bless You, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Luke, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

I don't need no proof when it comes to God and truth
I can see the sun set and I perceive

***Live***

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #28 » Please Read My Work Because Nobody Ever Does......!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary