navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » Broken wings
Open Poetry #27
Post A Reply Post New Topic Broken wings Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA

0 posted 2003-07-25 11:17 AM

Now y'all will see why I don't write anymore...

Limping with cracked faith
Tarnished dreams
Broken wings
Doubling over in silent screams
Didn't know
How hard one could fall
Thought I could soar
That anything was possible
With a thud of negativity
all reality lost
I only know the shadow puppets
the television makes
On the walls
In my desperate thoughts
I wonder...
If God can even hear me now
Or if my favourite psalms can even make me see past
my perfect blurred vision
Or if the angel's cry
For my broken wings...

If at first you don't succeed destroy all the evidence that you tried.

© Copyright 2003 Kristen Brandon - All Rights Reserved
angelblueyes
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2148
Oklahoma
1 posted 2003-07-25 11:23 AM

Ceinwyn:This touoched my heart and brought tears to my eyes.Let me say something to you and try to believe with an open heart.I know it's hard but try.From the darkest of my recent days to the bottom pits of hell I felt this way.Let me truly say that God does care and is listening and the angels do cry.Fo you are as precious and beautiful as anyone else.I hope that you will soon be able to recover your light.As far as the writing keep it up wether happy or sad my writing is what pulled me up from the bottom pits of hell.I will always read you and hope that you will share more.Take care and my thoughts and wishes will be with you.
angelblueyes:sqeeze:

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
2 posted 2003-07-25 11:24 AM

Kris,

goodness, of course they cry . . .
always by your side even if you dont feel it
Jesus woman . . . you right words that seem to be floating around in me own head.
This is beautiful, even in its pain
and trust me when I say that they are always watching over you - and even in the darkest hour . . . they do hear your silent pleas.  

This is astounding, and quite frankly, I do not know how my pen will ever match to your own.

Sue
xxoo  

ctowen
Member Elite
since 2001-10-18
Posts 2286
Green Mountains of VT
3 posted 2003-07-25 11:28 AM

Faith is a healer,
   without it life just isn't the same.

HE always allows us time for healing,
          its what we do with it that is
               sometimes painful.

Bonnie j
since 2003-06-27
Posts 1588
Ohio
4 posted 2003-07-25 11:42 AM

You may not realize it, but He is standing beside you giving you strength when you are broken with pain. Lean on Him, He always hears your pleas. You have been blessed with the words you have painted for us.
Sending a hug from Ohio.
Bon-Bon

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
5 posted 2003-07-25 01:11 PM

Kristen, I'm not a preacher, never been good at talking about God...but to think of the pain you're in and the sadness of you not writing makes me cry. You will find strength and you will look back and laugh. Read other poetry, be inspired and be well. You are a strong lady. We gotta stick together.
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
6 posted 2003-07-25 03:39 PM

See told you you're a great writer, good work. you tightened it up and gave it life. Look at the effect it had on the readers. STOP selling yourself short you $@&#% and keep writing
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

7 posted 2003-07-25 03:40 PM

God listens and hears always...it is just our human impatience that does not understand...I have been to the very bottom as well, and it ain't nice...but...you must believe, that there is purpose in everything...and if you start by allowing the good to embrace you...then you start a re development of a whole vital different world which will compliment you...you are very important...but God allows as we should also...in His OWN time...perhaps when we are mature and responsible enough to handle his value in us??? I dunno...but never ever let go of faith...let the bumps seal the light in your heart always....love and hugs....Lee J.  You don't have to listen, just wanted you to know that I care...as did many when I wrote and were also there for me.  
Poe_Pot_Pie
since 2003-06-01
Posts 107
Canada
8 posted 2003-07-25 03:41 PM

reminds my of chicken wings! (they make great ones at 7eleven)

Oh, yes, nice poem! keep posting!

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
9 posted 2003-07-25 03:49 PM

I must admit, the title almost scared this "angel" off!

Seriously, though, Dear Kristen, you were shooting arrows into the hearts of your readers with this emotional and honest write from the very soul of you. After reading your own poem and the the replies that it has received, you must surely realize that you have a gift for writing. With your poetry, you touch your readers--friends who care about you!

These difficult times in your life may produce some of your greatest poems because of all the emotions you are experiencing. This poem is an excellent example of that!

Loving, healing hugs,
Linda

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » Broken wings

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary