navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » ... UnSpOkEn WoRds ... If PoEtRy DiDn'T ExiSt ...
Open Poetry #27
Post A Reply Post New Topic ... UnSpOkEn WoRds ... If PoEtRy DiDn'T ExiSt ... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
GhostWriter_6
since 2001-09-03
Posts 237
??Amityville??

0 posted 2003-06-13 07:48 AM

... UnSpOkEnWoRds ...
...If PoEtRy DiDn'T ExiSt...

i have no means of text based speech...how can the people hear the messages i speak?
once thought of as unique.. poetry has been made obsolete
not wanting to resort back to old ways of anger expression
using harsh words to rid myself of rage and depression
anxiety. and panic..like a bottled up schitsophrenic with a temper
temperature reaching its boiling point in my veins.. steam dissapates from where air used to enter
pores closing up trapping in the heat...sweat beads cover my exterior
waiting to purge these feelings from the interior... making these conflicts seem inferior
but what is poetry.... i can spell it...no definition is registering with my lexicon
whats the meaning of these pieces of paper that rhymes are written upon
lost in the labyrinth of my deep thoughts.. a mixture of emotions manifesting into something catastrophic
no known soul or object could formulate logic of the topics
writing pros and cons never helped me weight the scales of mental hell
sometimes having a story to tell does well for those encased in psychological jails
paper and pencils are my means for expressing things...without poetry.. whats to intervene???
no third party could coax the words out my mouth i distribute to the paper thats seldom seen
no therapist could formulate or examine the bold statements that i make
poetry .....brings food for though and i serve it to all who care to take a plate
poetry......my only means of expression... i cant convert back to past ways
if it didnt exist... my feedom of expression has reached its end of days

[This message has been edited by GhostWriter_6 (06-13-2003 08:10 AM).]

© Copyright 2003 Antonio Marquis Bankhead - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2003-06-13 09:07 AM

GW...welcome home!  My time is short today, but I will be back this evening to take this all in.  What kept you away?  Don't let it happen again!  LOL...
idleeyes86
since 2003-06-09
Posts 64
Somewhere over the rainbow
2 posted 2003-06-13 09:14 AM

I think most of the people on this site (including me) will agree with what you say, however I'm more interested by the way you write. I must confess I haven't seen any of your other poems so I don't know whether this is just a characteristic of this poem or part of your general style. The length of each line is huge, but they seem to be split further into almost lines within a line, which I like because it means you have flexibility. In this case the rhyming was fairly solid and bound by a structure. But the length of lines enabled you to have some freedom with the rest of the line. Its a fairly unique style but it makes a lot of sense.

Also just a quick question, did you intend to leave the words "catastrophies" and "enter" on there own or did they just not fit on the line?

Everybody hurts, take comfort in your friends, cos everybody hurts sometimes

(r.e.m)

Ratleader
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-01-23
Posts 7026
Visiting Earth on a Guest Pass
3 posted 2003-06-13 09:18 AM

I know what happens when poetry does not exist, because for most of three decades it didn't exist for me....

You breathe, you eat, you work, make love, play the guitar, have little times of joy and sorrow....and you are less.  Being less is what happens....

This a good and thought provoking piece of poetry -- so welcome back, to a guy I hadn't met yet!

~~(¸¸¸¸ºº>   ~~(¸¸¸¸ºº>  ~~(¸¸ ¸¸ºº>    ~~~(¸¸ER¸¸ºº>
______________Ratleader______________

garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
4 posted 2003-06-13 09:23 AM

It's good to read you again...though I don't think I've had the pleasure of reading but one of your poems. I do like the thoughts behind this poem. I think we all can relate in some way to your words. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Hugs to you  
Ethel

GhostWriter_6
since 2001-09-03
Posts 237
??Amityville??
5 posted 2003-06-13 10:27 AM

thanx for reading this one... maybe you all can see somemore of my work... i appreciate the feedback..
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
6 posted 2003-06-13 02:16 PM

cool write
the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
7 posted 2003-06-13 02:18 PM

Awesome poem

Cold hands means a warm heart

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
8 posted 2003-06-14 02:33 PM

gyiel marlok
since 2003-06-08
Posts 145
OHIO
9 posted 2003-06-14 02:38 PM

FROM BIRTH TO DEATH
Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
10 posted 2008-02-01 10:14 PM

Cool write indeed Passing Shadows

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » ... UnSpOkEn WoRds ... If PoEtRy DiDn'T ExiSt ...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary