navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » David Booth's Vision Disaster in 2004
Philosophy 101
Post A Reply Post New Topic David Booth's Vision Disaster in 2004 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Poet4Christ
since 2003-02-19
Posts 211
Oklahoma City

0 posted 2004-03-16 01:16 PM

My friend listens to the am radio show "Coast to Coast" a show that deals with all sorts of weird stuff. Yesterday he brought me a cd that he made of some of the programs.  On one he had two guests David Booth and Wayne Green.  According to them Booth had a vision 10 times in a row back in 79 about an airliner going down.  He went to the authorities with his vision in detail of how the plane went down and what kind it was.  It was thoroughly documented by the authorities.  Then it actually happened exactly like he explained it.  Well he has never had a vision before or after.. until last year in March when he had a vision again 10 times in a row.

He was seeing earth from space, and he could see a huge planetary size black shape coming up from under earth headed for the South Pole.. In his dream he zoomed in closer to the earth as it struck earth.  He saw all kinds of devastation, a lot of it to the US.  Anyway somehow, which I am still trying to figure out(if someone out there can help me with) he connected this dream to this year 2004.  Booth and Green think it will be in September.  I believe it has something to do with Venus in June and the calendars established by past civilizations.  Anyway these two are very serious about this and I guess a lot of people are taking them serious and are building underground shelters and all kinds of stuff.  Anyway, I am VERY VERY skeptical, but being a Christian I can see the possible tie in with the profecies of the Bible.  I guess I'm just wanting to know if any of you have even heard of this?  I just thought it was pretty interesting.  Any comments would be cool. Thanx and God Bless.

Tim

He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered. Proverbs 28:26

© Copyright 2004 Timothy Work - All Rights Reserved
Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

1 posted 2004-03-16 02:19 PM

Any evidence of the 'thorough documentation' by the authorities?

Have you ever heard of the planetary alignment 'prophecy' that predicted in May 1999, or 2000 (can't remember which) the planets would 'align' and cause a huge gravitional pull resulting in mass destruction on the earth - in the form of natural disasters?

Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock.

That sent people into a palaver. Panic you know...a huge tome dedicated in explaining why the world was going to end.

The planets did actually align. The world didn't end. I now notice Graham Hancock has another book out entitled 'Fingerprints of the Gods: The Quest Continues.' Don't know the content, but one might assume he's on a quest to find another dread prophecy for the termination of the species. Brave man.

Hmm...lets think about Nostradamus too.

Prophecies and visions that portend grave disasters for the planet are everywhere, and need to be taken with a grain of salt quite frankly.

A meteorite could be sailing toward us right now - hell...where's Bruce Willis when you need him. Given the amount of human disasters lately - in the form of terrorism and war - I think we have enough to worry about, without throwing in dream-predictions in the mix.

K

jbouder
Member Elite
since 1999-09-18
Posts 2534
Whole Sort Of Genl Mish Mash
2 posted 2004-03-16 02:32 PM

Kamla:

I think another giant meteor named "Gigli" recently devastated Ben's career.  

Tim:

Don't sweat the doomsday prophets (or profits?).  K's right that doomsday prophesy is a millennia old phenomena.  Surely when we are all celebrating the next New Year, Booth will be figuring out a way to recalculate the date indicated by his vision.

By the way ... the Tim LeHay-type versions of the Christian end-times is a relatively recent, 19th century view.  For more than 1000 years before the 1800's, pre-millennialism was considered to be error.

Jim

Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
3 posted 2004-03-16 03:46 PM

http://www.storyarts.org/library/aesops/stories/boy.html

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

4 posted 2004-03-16 06:53 PM

Kamla?

"That sent people into a palaver"

I just LOVE that!!!

(if you're not careful you're going to become a character in one of my stories/poems.) :blush

and er, sorry for the intrusion.

Continue on, good people.

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

5 posted 2004-03-16 07:23 PM

K?

'You weirdo' she labelled with the utmost respect and identification...ROTF...

Ess - heh. Too true.

K

Poet4Christ
since 2003-02-19
Posts 211
Oklahoma City
6 posted 2004-03-17 08:24 AM

Severn, the only documentation that was mentioned was by the visionary himself stating that it was documented by the FAA.  

Like I said I am VERY VERY skeptical.  I guess I thought it might make an interesting conversation peice.  I do believe the two men will be back on the show AM Coast to Coast again on Thursday night, but the show is boradcast live starting at 12am(central here) and last four hours.  As early as I have to get up for work, my night owl days have long gone away.

I appreciate your comments guys, just know that I am sane and understand that doomsday prophets have been around for a long long time.  I guess the fact that I don't listen to that program regularly or have never read any of those weird tabloids, would help to make the story a little more interesing than it would for someone used to such stories. I have much faith in God and know that I trust his plan for my life and for this planet no matter what.  

He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered. Proverbs 28:26

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » David Booth's Vision Disaster in 2004

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary