navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » My Angel
Open Poetry #26
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Angel Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
MikeFessel
since 2003-04-19
Posts 321
Brooklyn, NYC, USA

0 posted 2003-04-22 02:21 AM

Death, agony, violence,
these images rack my brain
now that you are gone.

You held back the demons gates
with your angelic aura of light.
Now the tormenters roam free
through my world of darkness.

Your halo was my beacon,
you're words my only song,
you're sweet laughter heaven,
without you all is hell.

I need you to save me again,
lighten my burden with angel wings
and with your divine strength
protect me from myself.

By Michael J Fessel

Of she who I have written, you know who this is for. If by chance you meander this way, I beg you heed this call. Please come rescue me again Kristen, for I am falling.

© Copyright 2003 Michael J Fessel - All Rights Reserved
punkrockerrobin
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-15
Posts 1180
Sparks, NV
1 posted 2003-04-22 02:46 AM

dear you are not falling unless you allow yourself to fall. trust me this i learned on my own it was a very hard lesson to learn. life does go on and so does the heart so be it as it may you will hurt and cry but you are not falling life isn't gonna stop for you so grab on and get back on track if you wanna talk email me.
robin

i am who i am and that's all that i am and all i shall ever be and if you don't like who i am then leave!

MikeFessel
since 2003-04-19
Posts 321
Brooklyn, NYC, USA
2 posted 2003-04-22 03:01 AM

Thank you Robin for all of your kind words. But they are wasted on me right now I am afraid. Forgive my mood, I beg you.

Mike

MikeFessel
since 2003-04-19
Posts 321
Brooklyn, NYC, USA
3 posted 2003-04-22 03:31 AM

Robin: I am sorry Robin. I was and am very upset please forgive me if I said anything I shouldn't have. i can't think straight. Thank you for trying to concole me, I appreciate it.

Mike

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
4 posted 2003-04-22 07:53 AM

Again you have written a very intense poem, holding the beauty of your Angel and your gratitude.

If "she" is not with you now, please try to draw LOVE directly from the Divine presence within your heart. It does reside there, just for YOU.

Love, Margherita

MikeFessel
since 2003-04-19
Posts 321
Brooklyn, NYC, USA
5 posted 2003-04-22 11:22 AM

Thank you Margherita, but I'm sick of trying. I'm sick of caring, of being nice, of reaching out, of hoping. I'm sick of searching for that divine light. I looked in me, its not there.

I'm destined to fail. I realize that now. The only thing left is to accept it.

Mike

MikeFessel
since 2003-04-19
Posts 321
Brooklyn, NYC, USA
6 posted 2003-04-23 03:27 AM

Re: Everyone. Oh my Angel has lifted me again!!! I am again happy and free. La la la la la la la!

Thanks for all the condolences, but as you can see, I am way too happy to need them any more

Mike
May we share our hearts, minds, and souls once again. But for now I must leave, borne off by Angel wings.

poetSeaMaiden
since 2003-04-25
Posts 107

7 posted 2003-04-27 04:50 PM

*sighs*  Amazing isn't it? How love can cause our absolute lowest lows one minute, and then our highest of highs the next. So glad to see you smiling! You have got to be the bluest blue I've ever seen, and the happiest "happy" I've ever seen!  HA HA HA  I hope that makes sense - all I know is that your writing is SO good when you're down!   I hope you don't mind me digging back through your "past" pieces and bringing them back - so far, it's been quite an adventure!
MikeFessel
since 2003-04-19
Posts 321
Brooklyn, NYC, USA
8 posted 2003-04-27 05:07 PM

PoetSeaMaiden,
Mind? Oh my goodness no, I am so touched!!!

Yes my emotions are too exteme, I fear you are right. What you said makes perfect sense, but I can't help it. When I write, it is always at my most extreme or near it, it is then that I feel inspired, thus the strong emotions.

As for bringing these all back, it brings all these old emotions back to me as well, and somehow, they hurt a little less the second time around. Thank you for that.

Thank you compassionate one!
           Mike

poetSeaMaiden
since 2003-04-25
Posts 107

9 posted 2003-04-27 10:35 PM

Well okay - I have to confess that I have went back into all your writings now to get a little insight as to what makes you tick.   You are so good at pouring your feelings onto paper, and I'm sorry, I had to chuckle at your humor where you said, "I don't own a gun, just a pen." OHMYGOSH, that was completely hysterical of you to say that - I know the poem was serious, but it was so nice to see you throw a bit of humor in there too. I must say, it's great that you can express your pain, but I also like to see you smile once in a while.   Believe in your talent - we ALL have room for improvement, and no matter how gray (sad) your poetry might seem to a few others, you definately "fit in" here, so don't you dare try to run off, you hear?     This is a wonderful place of learning and growing and sharing. I'm not a new member, just an old one who has returned under a new name, so believe me when I say you belong here. This place can help you take your writing to a whole new level, and it's so great to be able to share with others, isn't it? It just "helps" some way. Believe me, I know. Sorry for going on and on, I just felt I needed to say all that. From one poet to another, BIG understanding hugs. ( I wish I knew how to do those little huggie smilies, but I don't.) Keep up the good work!  

~ Poets cry with words, not always tears, you see.  ~ PoetSeaMaiden

[This message has been edited by poetSeaMaiden (04-27-2003 10:37 PM).]

MikeFessel
since 2003-04-19
Posts 321
Brooklyn, NYC, USA
10 posted 2003-04-28 12:31 PM

Dear PoetSeaMaiden,
First let me say how honored and stunned I am that you have gone back and read all of my work!!! Wow I knew you had read a few, but...woah! Thank you for saying I am good at expressing my emotions in my poem. Truthfully, there is nothing I care about more when I write: trying to write my emotions down as perfectly as I can so that the reader will feel them clearly.

I'm glad you laughed at my dumb joke I was laughing as I wrote it, it broke the tension for me as I was writing that warning to the poem, glad it did the same for you. And I do smile once in a while See?

Sigh...its hard for me to believe in my talent when I know I am going to receive a certain numbers of positive replies either way, and with very little self esteem. But when someone reading my poems connects with me like you have, it makes me believe in myself. So thank you so much for that!

I am not running off LOL I just got upset because one of my poems were removed from the forum grrrrrr... and as usual I got all emotional about it and nearly left. But thank goodness I didn't!

This place is wonderful! Its just for a while I didn't feel like I fit it in here, but now I am beginning to think maybe I do, and it feels so good!

Sharing with others does help so much you are right! I just hope my poems don't drag anyone else down. That is the only fear I have about posting...

Oh thanks for all the kind words. And how dare you apologize for writing a long reply to me when everything I write to you is enough to fill a book? Go on, please! I love it!

Mike

P.S.- Ha Ha I know how! Just kidding, look down a bit below the Submit Reply button and there is a Quick View bar. Press on Smilies and copy and paste the word next to the picture. Easy as that! I also needed help with this

Ratleader
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-01-23
Posts 7026
Visiting Earth on a Guest Pass
11 posted 2003-05-25 12:18 PM

Hmmmm... kinda dark, but also kinda light... a lot of hope in it, and an emotion that a lot of us have had, I'm sure.

Definitely worth a bump!

~~(¸¸¸¸ºº>   ~~(¸¸¸¸ºº>  ~~(¸¸ ¸¸ºº>    ~~~(¸¸ER¸¸ºº>
______________Ratleader______________

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
12 posted 2003-05-25 01:03 PM

geez, this is sad such emotion and pain
MikeFessel
since 2003-04-19
Posts 321
Brooklyn, NYC, USA
13 posted 2003-05-25 01:18 PM

I am honored that you thought so Ratleader. That is some compliment. Thank you!

Mike

MikeFessel
since 2003-04-19
Posts 321
Brooklyn, NYC, USA
14 posted 2003-05-25 01:23 PM

Passing Shadows,
Yes I remember this well. It did hurt...a lot. But hey we all feel pain, just got to recover and go on.

I am both surprised and very happy you have taken so much interest in my poetry lately, being that you are so talented and I am a mere novice. Thank you, I really appreciate it Passing Shadows. You know I am a huge fan of yours

Mike

MikeFessel
since 2003-04-19
Posts 321
Brooklyn, NYC, USA
15 posted 2003-05-25 01:29 PM

Everyone:

Does anyone know what ever became of PoetSeaMaiden [Gennifer]? She was so nice, and her old posts here reminded of just how nice. I guess I'm just talking to the air here, but I miss her

Oh well
          Mike

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » My Angel

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary