navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » Quasi- zen Gar,den
Open Poetry #26
Post A Reply Post New Topic Quasi- zen Gar,den Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Canon_D_111
since 2003-06-04
Posts 58
New York USA

0 posted 2003-06-08 09:06 PM

Quasi –Zen Gar,den      

I have swept the white Quartz sand, clear of foot,prints in a Quasi-Zen gar,den patterned imprint. Left behind are a few precariously placed marbled granite stones.
   Why granite stones would be on a beach? I would not know! However, it breaks the rhythm of this rhyme, for the poetic rebel am I, needs to be, shown.
   I over compensate with punctuate-shun, I , the metered’ rhyme. Why erase my tracks? You ask with great inflection. Selfish as I am,  so as to find your own direction. Pace the rhythm of your steps, as you traipse the white quartz sand.
   Anyway! A drifting lilting spiral swirl (with a five prong rake) is placed around the marbled granite rocks.
   In the center of their triangular shape is a kind of  Irish Lovers Knot. As sweeping waves like a winding stream cascade, from the center to edge of my pentagonal    Quasi-Zen gar,den . To soften the edges of its pentagonal shape, I have planted Miscanthus Gigantus, five in all at each apex of this gardens’ pentaganus.
    For those of you who may not know, Miscanthus Gigantus is a species of grasses that when fully grown can reach a height of  nine feet tall. With a six-foot spread and deep green half-inch wide reed like leaves, that musically flows when a pastel sunset breeze blows.
   So, while along the journey, as you are searching white quartz sand of life. If you happen across my garden, feel free to enjoy the peace and tranquility I have left behind. When you decide to meander upon your way, be sure to sweep every step so that others would do the same as you in pacing the rhythm along the white quartz sand. And as you come to that one special place only you can know, then do the same as I  have done and build for others a Quasi-Zen gar,den.
        Wpwpoet073101(C)

© Copyright 2003 William Paul Wentzell wpwpoet - All Rights Reserved
Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow
1 posted 2003-06-08 10:11 PM

Oh..my god. This is totally amazing, I love it from beggining to end. It's not written like a poem, but it has aspects that make it one (sort of), which is something that's kind of hard to do, sometimes. Good write
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
2 posted 2003-06-08 10:16 PM

lmao great write
Canon_D_111
since 2003-06-04
Posts 58
New York USA
3 posted 2003-06-08 10:16 PM

thank you..it was bit of a challenge...a friend actually dare me to do something like this...glad you enjoyed it
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
4 posted 2003-06-08 10:22 PM

Chuckling here, zen style. Enjoyed this unique view of your sandbox.

gyiel marlok
since 2003-06-08
Posts 145
OHIO
5 posted 2003-06-08 11:14 PM

i like this short story/poem it's informational,and cool
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
6 posted 2003-06-09 05:14 AM

awesome!
Canon_D_111
since 2003-06-04
Posts 58
New York USA
7 posted 2003-06-09 12:33 PM

thank you all for reading...it is truely special to be a part of this forum.
peace love and understanding to you all.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » Quasi- zen Gar,den

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary