navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » The Begining (cont.)
Open Poetry #26
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Begining (cont.) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
IceGdss2002
since 2003-06-02
Posts 2

0 posted 2003-06-03 12:29 PM

Nathan

When I walked into her room the next morning, she was still sleeping soundly. It would have been a crime to wake her. She was so beautiful. Her reddish brown hair fell onto her cream colored skin, and she breathed quietly. I stood in the doorway and smiled at her, even though she obviously couldn't smile back. I didn't want to wake her, but I figured she wouldn't want me to let her sleep too late.   I walked over and shook her shoulder gently.

"Hope. Time to get up." I whispered. She stirred, and her eyes fluttered, and she looked up at me.

"Okay, I'm up." She said with a big smile. She then reached up and pulled me into a tight hug. It suprized me, but I didn't argue, and I hugged her back, content in the position I was in.

She got up and went into the bathroom, and like any girl, spent at least an hour in there, which was fine with me. When she came out, her hair was brushed, and she was looking even more gorgeous than she had the first time I had seen her. She wore a pair of cutoff jean shorts, and a white t-shirt.

"You look great." I said. She snorted,

"No I dont. Thanks though." She said with a wink. I laughed,

"Well, I was hoping we could go out to eat or something today." She nodded,

"That sounds like fun."

"Okay, let's go then." And it was that easy.

On the drive to the local IHOP, the ride wasnt' as uncomfortable as the first time we had been in my car together. This time, she reached over and put her hand on top of mine.  I looked at her, and she smiled at me sweetly, squeezing my hand lightly. The butterflies that had been in my stomach the previous day were now gone. This just seemed right. This girl was amazing.   And she seemed to really like me.  It was too bad that we would only be getting to spend a week together. A lump appeared in my throat as I thought about this, and I tried despratly to change the topic that was in my mind right then. I didn't want to think about her leaving, she had just gotton there.

We ate at IHOP, talking, and laughing the entire time. It was as if we had known each other for years. She was so funny, and kind. The whole time we sat in the booth, she held my hand across the table. Like it was some natural thing that had been going on for ages.   I had never been in love before, but I was starting to figure out what the meaning of the word was.

© Copyright 2003 IceGdss2002 - All Rights Reserved
QjQ
Member Elite
since 2003-04-18
Posts 3756
U.S.A.
1 posted 2003-06-03 04:54 PM

very nice write,,,,

Poetry is a vision that portrays ones impressions.QjQ

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » The Begining (cont.)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary