navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » Today And The Amber Dream
Open Poetry #26
Post A Reply Post New Topic Today And The Amber Dream Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

0 posted 2003-06-02 09:52 AM

Hear the wind in the trees,surging softly, like the surf of the sea.washing into the ears like coves, flooding the mind.
Cumulus of clouds,vivid white and grey,race windblown across a background of crystal blue.
Sun suddenly blazes down from behind a cloud, for a second i am blind.
Swallows master the strong breeze and fly across the wrinkled water with ease.
Dragonflies hover near trees,seeking shelter from the(to them) hurricane force gale.
Shimmering green leaves of willow trees,identically swaying in the wind.gulls glide over the mere,stark white, like a ship's sail.
Softly,very softly,the wind hushes. My inward eye starts to imagine.Thinking,wondering,longing,pass in and out of my mind,before i think of the amber dream.
Blazing amber fades in then out, to reveal my dreams.Lying in a wild meadow,i can feel the warm sun on my face,flowers,trees and wild animals surround me.
Nobody else, just me with nature,me the protector, me at one with the world,the animals and i are truly free.
Amber fades to blue,serene sunlit,sunshafted, sea blue.Floating under the ocean, with whales and turtles in millions, i swim and feel the warm currents on my bare skin.
Amber returns, and fades to reality, back alone once more, i suddenly feel useless and helples. I was born at the wrong time, the past is where i belong, not this modern world i am in.

[This message has been edited by Sunshine (06-02-2003 10:06 AM).]

© Copyright 2003 P.D - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2003-06-02 10:01 AM

Welcome to Passions!  Please, check your e-mail for a Special Greeting!

Karilea - if I whisper, will you listen?

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
2 posted 2003-06-02 10:04 AM

Beautiful post!
Welcome to Passions, hope you'll stick around and enjoy the variety of teeming life.

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

3 posted 2003-06-02 10:14 AM

Amber fades to blue,serene sunlit,sunshafted, sea blue
==============================

Well there you are
Hello again and officially, welcome to poetry land.
This is a lovely write of imagery and personification...I loved the alliterations!!
You've created a heady mix of dreamscape surreal images with this..
Well done poet sir...so nice to have you here with us...I look forward to reading more of your work.

Im still imagining your voice ...
can see the sparkle in your eyes.
I cant explain your power over me
Its understated understood & beautiful.
cj

bslicker
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-04
Posts 2321
state of mind
4 posted 2003-06-02 11:01 AM

Nice write
Welcome to passions

A smile a day keeps the world in smile's.
Bernie Slicker

yv
since 2003-05-30
Posts 574

5 posted 2003-06-02 11:07 AM

Goldenrose, your words are like that to me; roses of gold.  Awesome.  Masterful.  Beautiful.  I can't wait to read more of your work.  In fact it's almost a necessity for me to read more of your work.  From a new member, to a new member, all the luck in the world to you.

New Member,
yv

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
6 posted 2003-06-02 12:58 PM

Welcome to Passions! I have enjoyed your entrance and will look for more!  Good to have you with us!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » Today And The Amber Dream

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary