navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » "Love"
Open Poetry #26
Post A Reply Post New Topic "Love" Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart

0 posted 2003-06-01 05:40 AM

What is of this life? I write with pencil & paper,
My thoughts are exposed, thinking unleashed.
To where do we find meaning? or does meaning find us?
Love? what is Love? The most powerful, profound emotion of the universe. Yet, I write for words, they consume me, I feel as though my mind travels many paths, ponders many thoughts. Must one write and feel so much passion that with every move of the fingers, the hand? it hurts, With every word,
every expression, your heart hurts, it bleeds to express its deepest feelings inside.
This world is of such conquest. There are not enough words within the english vocabulary to bleed out of my heart, the words I must convey. I hunger and thirst, Yet I am not satisfied.
This hour of existence woes me, for today, this moment, I am a begger starving in the deep dark woods, whose veins are flowing with cold rivers
thoughout.Passionate am I that I can no longer whisper, but shout, shout to the top of my lungs with every breath...That I am ALIVE!
I have not one to blame, but myself. I am a spider caught, entangled inside of its own web. I have been the worst of deceivers, to deceive ones
self. My eyes, they tell a story, when words cannot. I must agree with myself to know I am here. I heard my voice, it was sad and here I am, these thoughts again. I must be born again to live and to live, I must love, for life is love, and love is life.
But love can never be mastered, nor it contained. Love is only a bird, a dove. You grasp it inside your hands, your heart, just for a brief moment of life, then it flies away to be free. I await, standing with heart and arms open for the dove to land inside my hands once again.
Then maybe someday, I will have grasped the answers to my questions. I will not hunger nor thirst anymore. My mind, my soul will be filled, then I with poetic words can purge the frozen heart of glass. Then the floodgates of emotion shall consume me to where my poets pen cannot bare to write another word.
I am breathing a different air, inside my veins there flows a different blood, My heart, it beats a different beat.
Am I meaningful? Am I not unique? Then why must my love be blind? Why does pain accompany love and happiness? To know its worth? to know its meaning? For within the deepest of sorrows you will find the appreciation of life, of love. Pain begets strength, pain teaches us humbleness and humility, pain teaches us to reachout for love.
I am a dove in the trees, I am solid and firm where I am perched, I fly with freedom of words and expression through my poets pen. White are my feathers, innocent and not overcome by evil. For pain is now a stepping stone, not an arrow to the heart. here I am , love waiting to be found, unbound, Love.......

[This message has been edited by A Romantic Heart (06-01-2003 05:46 AM).]

© Copyright 2003 Millette A. (Lester) Addison - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2003-06-01 05:53 AM

Yes, you say it with wonderful words .... love must be free of boundaries ...
and yes you have white feathers and love awaits to be recognized and savored.
I greatly enjoyed your reflections.
Love, Margherita

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2003-06-01 07:00 AM

Enjoyed...nice to see you again Romantic...
Even those that share a beautiful love will feel pain when someone they love passes away.
Love, happiness, sadness, pain, these are all feelings we will experience within a lifetime...James

yv
since 2003-05-30
Posts 574

3 posted 2003-06-02 10:44 AM

Absolutely beautiful.  The tenderness in your lines touched me in a way that I feel only a lover's heart could.  You are a paragon of emotion and those poet's words are the centerpiece of pure and true love.  I loved this work (if you can't tell that already).  I can't wait to read more of your art.

New Member,
yv

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
4 posted 2003-06-03 04:06 AM

A Big thank you to each and everyone of you! welcome yv! I have missed all of you, I have had a rough two years, but I am now on the rebound. It is so wonderful to have such caring friends and family at passions! I love you all!
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
5 posted 2003-06-03 04:10 AM

welcome back! good to read you! continue on!
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

6 posted 2003-06-16 10:26 AM

love,passion,beauty.
''i must be born again to live and to live,i must love,for life is love and love is life''

Wonderful, and definately influenced by shakespeare.
I realy love this.

Goldenrose.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » "Love"

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary