navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » One Together
Open Poetry #24
Post A Reply Post New Topic One Together Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Cuddlez
since 1999-11-27
Posts 422
Walla Walla, WA 99362

0 posted 2003-02-03 02:44 AM

...An explanation for this poem: my husband just was placed into active duty for the US army. We are expecting our first baby in about a week, and he will be gone for about a year, this poem is for my feelings over the past week...

I lost my heart
A year and a half ago
And I still dont know just why
This stranger smiled at me
And soon became my best friend
Through many nights and days
He became irreplaceable

We became one together
Linked by sacred vows
We became one together
Always near in our hearts

And I still can't explain it
Nor do I really want to
But we became one together
Bringing a new life into the world
One together, always near in our hearts

We stand at the crossroads of farewell
Although I don't know where he's going
Or how long it'll be
We said goodbye and tears streamed down
As he got onto that bus

I cried so much that day
Felt like everything was empty
I went to sleep and cursed my fate
At being away from my heart

I still don't know when he'll get back
Or how long he'll be
But no matter where,
I know in my heart
We are still one together
Linked by sacred vows
We are still one together
Bound forever in our hearts

© Copyright 2003 Cuddlez - All Rights Reserved
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
1 posted 2003-02-03 04:17 AM

You know reading your poem made see what love can really be all about.  He may be gone away for awhile but you are about to have a piece of him by your side all the time he is away to keep him even closer to your heart.  May God be with you all in this time of separation and may the strength of just knowing that you share something few will have be the glue that binds your hearts together over the miles.  For each time you get lonely try to think of one good reason you married him and that will surely bring a smile to your face.  As your title says you are one together.  Try to stay happy, and good luck with that new baby.  I know Daddy will be getting lots of pictures while he is away.  
     (Anne Geddes)

Katherine Hadley said, "The decision to have a  child is to accept that your heart will forever walk outside of your body."  
It's true trust me for I am also a Mother, and Grandmother!

~ The soul lies buried in ink that does not flow ~

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (02-03-2003 04:45 AM).]

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
2 posted 2003-02-03 04:39 AM

Oh ...this is so sad! I'm sorry...so sorry.

I just can't imagine it...but hey...take lots of pictures of you and the baby...it will help him continue on and keep him living for the day he finally holds you and that baby in his arms for good!

hugs and prayers, and very special thoughts...

~Dixie~

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
3 posted 2003-02-03 05:59 AM

This brought back some memories for me Cuddlez, a very emotive and thought provoking piece. My circumstances were very different, however many of the same feelings involved. Shortly after we married (almost 20 years ago now), my husband took a job that had him away a great deal of the time over a two and a half year period. It was difficult for us both at the start, but there is a special closeness that we gained because of it. Take care ... you will be in my thoughts.

Best wishes,
/Kit

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
4 posted 2003-02-03 07:37 AM

Keep him in your prayers gal...he'll keep you in his heart I assure you...I haven't been where you are now...but I've been where he's going....(different country, different war).....and believe me...you and the baby will be in his thoughts and in his heart)
Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

5 posted 2003-02-03 07:51 AM

I think Toe summed it up well... I know he will be thinking of you and the baby..and we will keep him on our thoughts as wellll

Neeraja
since 2002-06-22
Posts 812
The Netherlands
6 posted 2003-02-03 08:04 AM

I wish you two all the strenght to get through this time of separation!!!

The poem was so beautiful...

Neeraja

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
7 posted 2003-02-03 09:15 AM

This is a beautiful poem... for through the ache and sadness of separation, an incredible unity of hearts shines through.

He'll be in our prayers too, Cuddlez... as will you and the little one.

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
8 posted 2003-02-03 09:40 AM

Your title says it all, Cuddlez... You are "One Together"... That will see you through this... God Bless...
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
9 posted 2003-02-03 10:34 AM

A beautiful, though heart wrenching poem, Cuddlez.  
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
10 posted 2003-02-03 12:16 PM

Cuddlez,
What a burden fear and loneliness are. I pray for courage and peace for you.

(Hey, I raised my children in Walla Walla. A wonderful place to locate your family. I still have many friends and family there.)

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
11 posted 2003-02-03 12:39 PM

We will all be here for you.
If you need someone to talk to, you know where to find us. There are so many wonderful people at this site who will gladly offer moral support.
Let us know when the little one arrives, OK? And please know that we will be thinking of you and your husband, and wishing him a safe journey and speedy return.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
12 posted 2003-02-03 07:46 PM

Yes, things like this can be hard on the men and equally as hard on the families who wait...you need to be strong and have faith that everything will work out well. Your baby will comfort you and give you something to be brave for, though I'm sure you would be anyway. Best of luck to you all..
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
13 posted 2003-02-03 08:00 PM

Hi, you wrote a lovely poem. Im sorry for your situation. How hard to have him gone at this time.
Military wives are so brave.
Hugs
Sandra

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » One Together

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary