navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » Broken Spirit, Broken Wing
Open Poetry #24
Post A Reply Post New Topic Broken Spirit, Broken Wing Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space

0 posted 2003-02-02 03:14 AM

She rolls over
and watches him sleep
Can't find the face
of the man
she once knew
Slips from sheets
and draws curtain
from window
and stares into
a morning sky
As tears well
Seemed only
yesterday she'd
grazed those clouds
in flight of dream
in flight of hopes
Now weighted
by a gravity
she's too tired to fight
Broken spirit,
and broken wing
bound to the lie
of a golden ring
Call it cynicism from being a child of divorce but I have never believed in marriage. I feel it's arrogant and sacrilegous to label something as beautiful and fleeting as love. Just an opinion, i realize some of you've found happiness in it and likewise I'm happy for you. I've just seen the otherside often enough.

[This message has been edited by Aenimal (02-02-2003 03:43 AM).]

© Copyright 2003 raphael giuffrida - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2003-02-02 07:51 AM

Perhaps because people's needs change with passing time... Some grow together, but most grow apart... Sad as it is... You've expressed those lost feelings well...
inkedgoddess
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-19
Posts 7392
Ohio
2 posted 2003-02-02 08:11 AM

all i know is that people keep doing it anyhow, they go in with good faith that theirs will make it;
i know youve seen the other side, and i know a woman that also now stands by moonlit open windows, wondering how, but you never know when the lovebug bites - you may be driven to do anything not to let her go, you just may, my waveriding friend, wish to claim her with a golden ring.in other words, never say never, somtimes

[This message has been edited by inkedgoddess (02-02-2003 11:44 AM).]

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2003-02-02 08:32 AM

There are always two sides
to the hold of a ring, Raph...
and you have caught this side up,
and tied it tight
with its own silk thread.

gemjop
Member Elite
since 2002-11-18
Posts 2587
Pencilveinia, USA
4 posted 2003-02-02 10:44 AM

Hello, nice to see you friend. Sad isn't it. i too have witnessed this side of marriage, and for a long time it made me very much anti marriage. I lost respect for the people who do it to trap their partners, for the 'fairytale' wedding scene, girls just wanting to feel like a princess for a day, people doing it just to shut their other half up. all pathetic in my eyes. and so many people go through with it for those reasons. I think if you've found the right kind of love, it is so full of complete contentment and beauty, whats a piece of paper? i believe god has already witnessed this love becoming. but, for some, its a natural step, for their children, for themselves, and that , is so special.
    As for me,despite completely ruling out marriage a few years ago, i met the man i want to eventually marry. but i'm in no rush, because i have complete love, an thats all i need. marriage is in no way neccessary for a life together.
thought provoking write raph. we can learn from parents mistakes. so good to see u back. i'll stop rambling on and on and on now. love, gem xxxxxxx

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
5 posted 2003-02-02 12:29 PM

Thank you Nan appreciate the compliment

Inked i just can't see it happening for more reasons then i could list. It just wouldn't suit me either but yeah i guess nobody knows

Thank you Sunshine for the very poetic reply

Gemma maybe inked's right and I'll get caught up in it one day, I hope you find happiness and a way to make it work, it's not impossible I know. I'm just to jaded at the moment

inkedgoddess
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-19
Posts 7392
Ohio
6 posted 2003-02-02 07:21 PM

this
went through my head too much today,

garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
7 posted 2003-02-02 08:46 PM

Raph, dear friend, I have known both sides of love, personally.......the kind that turned into hurt and abuse and now the sweet, tender love that I have.

You probably know from things I've written, that because of my past experiences, I had decided that I never would put myself into a situation where I might fall in love again. Well, I wasn't looking for anyone when Gary and I became friends, and neither was he, because of divorce. We became very good friends and then started confiding in each other...telling each other things we had never told anyone else. Eventually we fell in love with each other....more so than we had ever been before.

So, please don't just push it aside, friend. You never know when you will meet someone who will make you happier than you've ever been before.

Well, I got long-winded again and said more than I intended to. This just touched my heart, because you are such a sweet person, Raph.

Ethel  

[This message has been edited by garysgirl (02-02-2003 08:49 PM).]

carol
since 2003-01-25
Posts 624
Florida USA
8 posted 2003-02-02 09:58 PM

I also was a child from divorce my grandparents raised me i was determind my childern would never go through what i went through so i stayed married for 25 years then hit the divorce court it was him that left not me but now i have been married to a very good person for nearly 13 years and my childern loves him also.so marriage isnt always bad
RedTapePoetry
since 2003-02-02
Posts 19

9 posted 2003-02-02 11:57 PM

really introspective stuff here, made me think. thanks a lot!

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
10 posted 2003-02-03 12:57 PM

yeah, me too...

How I would miss you if you left!

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
11 posted 2003-02-03 11:50 AM

Michelle hugs

Ethel thanks and I'm very happy that you've found love and that things work for you

Carol i realize this but it's a chance I don't think i could take mentally

RedTape Thanks and welcome to PIP

Dixie you are way to sweet

vlraynes
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-25
Posts 8229
Somewhere... out there...
12 posted 2003-02-04 01:04 AM

Aenimal~
You've expressed this perspective on love very well.
Nicely done.
~Vicky

"...until you have read the verse on his heart,
you have not truly met the poet.
~vlraynes

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » Broken Spirit, Broken Wing

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary