navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » Counterfit Lover
Open Poetry #24
Post A Reply Post New Topic Counterfit Lover Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
fathomless
since 2003-01-30
Posts 11
SC, USA

0 posted 2003-01-31 03:40 PM

I'm there at the oceans wake
                                                   Cool water lapping over the tender flesh
                                                   of each toe
                                                   Dreaming of loves perfection
                                                   My skin soaks in the last bit of the sun
                                                   Before it rests beneath the sea
                                                   I wait for he who is of like mind
                                                   to brush up against me like a blown kiss
                                                   For his feet to imprint the sand swept halls
                                                   Where only angels dare tread
                                                   "Delicate hands I would give you,
                                                   and lips tasting faintly of flower petals,
                                                   But your eyes
                                                   Your eyes radiant as laughter
                                                   I would leave unchanged untouched
                                                   You startle the sun with the beauty that emits across
                                                   the sky"
                                                   Eyes turn to towards that voice
                                                   but a whisper
                                                   breathed through my damp salty hair
                                                   "What harsh promises you create,
                                                   That may smash me againts the seas cliffs"
                                                   Cold dreaming of one kiss from those lips
                                                   That slight pout,
                                                   That half smile
                                                   That moment of winding warmth
                                                   at the center curling and swelling
                                                   Counterfit lover
                                                   How were you born out of the warm vanishing foam
                                                   How cast from your half dreamed memory
                                                   do you understand the throbing of a ravenous heart
                                                   And how from that half imagined mouth
                                                   Do you whisper such things to me
                                                   light as fingers smoothed across my skin
                                                   begun and ended yesterday
                                                   My twighlight fills with unsuspecting lovers
                                                   That cry
                                                   "I'm the one!"
                                                   I quiver in a strangling web
                                                   They not knowing that for me there is no one
                                                   So I turn back to the sea
                                                   At the oceans wake
                                                   My chance for he who is of like mind has passed
                                                   And you who would change me
                                                   Are not the man I want for me

I saw an angel in the marble and carved until i set it free
Michaelangelo

© Copyright 2003 Angela Nash - All Rights Reserved
regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
1 posted 2003-01-31 06:21 PM

Angela,

Did you know you can edit a poem on-line?  I cannot read this very well and don't know if you realize that on the date line at top of your poem are several items. One is a white box with black edged top and looks like a pencil right corner. Hit that to edit.
Sometimes the edit doesn't show right away but if you hit printer after you've edited you'll be able to see the results right away. It won't print til after that and you choose your print button...

I noticed your new here. There was a line in this poem about the sun I liked but couldn't read it well enough.

I hope I am not hurting your feelings if you meant for your poem to turn out like this. ALso, important at end of each sentence to hit return. Otherwise some sentences wrap around where you might not have wanted to.

I'd really like a better chance to see this....

Hugs to you and ~welcome to passions~

Pat

..without surrender, be on good terms with all persons..
        "Desiderata"

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
2 posted 2003-01-31 06:44 PM

some very beautiful lines here...
I especially liked this thought

I wait for he who is of like mind
to brush up against me like a blown kiss
hmmm... really  nice

*s
M

fathomless
since 2003-01-30
Posts 11
SC, USA
3 posted 2003-01-31 07:13 PM

pat i dont' see what you are talking about it looks fine to me.. maybe it's messed up and i can't see it I"m sorry..
But thank you for the comments and the welcome...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » Counterfit Lover

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary