navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » A Poetic Hiatus
Open Poetry #24
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Poetic Hiatus Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
D.Lester Young
since 2001-12-08
Posts 1219
Austin, Tx

0 posted 2003-01-25 08:15 AM

Soft winds singing so free
In branches of guitar strings
A melody of mood swings
In the blues swinging
In living feelings

In the blossoms
So exhilarating
That they create visions
So intoxicating
That they hallucinate
Within your creativity

In a blue sky
With sun beams
So magically pleasing
That their rays
Memorizing you
In their warmth
Tanning you
Spiritually forever

But the time has come
To wither back
Into the darkness
Of hibernating tears
Facing a cancer of
Aging fears

In a poetic sleep
That will let
My words die
In the composting of time
Decaying in great haste
Being recycled
Only by a miracle

I have lived
To tell a story
Now I must do it
To mirrored eyes
In the isolation
Of my sorrows
For the winds
Now have faded

In the storming
Of my words
Having died down
Into a drizzle
Of pleasing myself
In my addiction
My lonely vigil
Will again
Swallow me up
In a waiting game
That time wins

So in fading words
My heart starts to weaken
For my time
Will never come to be
And the whispers in me
Will never be heard
Louder than now

So in my hiatus
My lonely words
Will mirror me
Following the cracks
Of time
Turning me into dust
Before my time

So in the eraser of life
That will do away with me
As if I was never there
And my words imagined
Will never be shared
In my hiatus

Why must I give up?
For things are predestined
That my words
Will never mean anything
To those blinded
By prejudices
Of predetermined minds

In a flower so special
That its pedals
Float before your eyes
In the soft fragrance
Of perfumed words
Spreading the inner beauty
Of the human soul
In a heavenly spirit
Singing so free
In living feelings
Of simply
Being yourself
I bid you
My eternal love
In free verse

Comment: There are a lot of things going on in my life that make things uneasy for me. With my brother’s serious illness and my own frailties, I am going back into my shell of not showing all my writing except at two sites. One of which, will be of my own creation. This will allow other poets more space from my flooding mind. I will post at my favorite sites but will now choose only one or two a month unless a moderator requests a certain poem. This will please those that see me as a parasite.

The other change is that I will make an effort to comment more freely to your great minds. I have been ill considerate. This is due to lack of esteem and the feeling of lack of worth inside me. With so many things wrong inside me, I have been doing battle within my mind. This is made worse by not having that special person to share it. My extended family has been in your hearts.

A song whispers in my mind saying, “Do not be a beast of burden”. I am not sure from which song but the words ring true. For the negativity in me is my cancer dooming me in despair and I do not want my writing to create any problems.

Thought: In trying to please people in all the things you have done wrong and being prejudged by other people’s minds what is left is a feather.

Thought: My world revolves in my writing spinning into your mind and you weaving the finest tapestry. My words are just a tool for your mind.

Thought: Someday I will get it right and probably won’t know it.

Damn I can get moody for I am a poet.

D.Lester Young 1/25/2003
Tuscaloosa, AL
Copyright © D.Lester Young (White Eagle poetry)

© Copyright 2003 David Lester Young - All Rights Reserved
regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
1 posted 2003-01-25 09:00 AM

D. Lester Young,

I only asked why you didn't post replies on other's poetry.  Unless you have received e-mail from someone I am not certain how my one question might have caused this reaction of "those who see me as a parasite"...

when I lacked self-esteem and self worth, I had to get out of self and into others....magically...I felt worthwhile, giving....that is the secret...sounds like perhaps you are overwhelmed, however, and you'll be in my prayers. I feel sorry for what you are going through. I've had one or two difficulties myself. I know.  

I've always enjoyed your poetry since I became a member in Oct.....yours was one of my favorites, and even then you never replied to my replies or on other poetry....I know it is difficult to interact when going through problems....

I only was curious as to why you didn't post on others poetry. Period!

Now I know and I wish you every bit of peace and goodwill and strength and perseverance as you make your way through this chapter of life.

Sincerely, Pat

..without surrender, be on good terms with all persons..
        "Desiderata"

Ratleader
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-01-23
Posts 7026
Visiting Earth on a Guest Pass
2 posted 2003-01-25 11:22 AM

Yes, and yes. You can get moody (it's allowed) and you are indeed a poet!

This is the first work of yours that I've read. I thoroughly enjoyed this one, even though parts of it came a little too close to my personal reality for comfort, if you know what I mean.... Easer to read things that you can hold at arms length, and examine the emotional vectors without having any of 'em poke you through the chest.

Thoughts on your closing thoughts --
-You're getting it right now, bub. Know it.
-Tapestries, whether Persian rug or Scotch plaid, are worthy. Weave yours well, tight in the weft so they'll last.
-Rick Nelson: "Can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself."

------------------------------
  Dare To Dream
  Any Dream From
The Approved List
------------------------------

garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
3 posted 2003-01-25 12:01 PM

Sir, I don't know why you feel this way, but I will say that I enjoy reading your poetry. It always seems to be from your heart. I have been having some difficulties in my own life and haven't been on here as much as I was when I first came here in September...even though I do come here a lot because I love reading all these talented people's poetry. I do know from other comments that some people read and don't reply. So, maybe that's what has happened in your case??

I hate to see anybody leave.

"Love makes the world go around"
~~with love and hugs from Ethel~~  

[This message has been edited by garysgirl (01-25-2003 12:02 PM).]

D.Lester Young
since 2001-12-08
Posts 1219
Austin, Tx
4 posted 2003-01-25 12:34 PM

Regards2you is not because of you, I am toning down my open writing, even if you where totally right in what you said. Your words were blessed with such beauty and truthful thoughts. It is that with my excessive writing, I am doing harm to my own words. How do you figure? If I taste a vintage wine, I get pleased but with every glass it tones down a bit. So if take the time to get away from it, I can again savor it. So the bottles will be still be mass produced but held back to get more satisfying effect out of them. I claim not to be a great poet but just one who wants to be enjoyed over a span of time.

This will allow me more time to comment and be remembered for it when I do put a piece on a site.

Truely be blessed with your inner spirit ability to glow, for the warmth of your heart will blanket this world.  

D.Lester Young
since 2001-12-08
Posts 1219
Austin, Tx
5 posted 2003-01-25 12:40 PM

Garysgirl if their was sweetness it surely must mirror you. My hiatus is a momentary thing for it is temporary adjustment. I will be back for your special blessing and that of others. Everyone here is just too special.

[This message has been edited by D.Lester Young (01-25-2003 12:48 PM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » A Poetic Hiatus

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary