navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » ready. set. go...
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic ready. set. go... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Just.Another.Falling.Star
since 2008-05-08
Posts 422
Canada

0 posted 2011-09-25 01:28 PM

ever since I heard this one certain metaphor I keep reminding myself that life is a race as a teenager/young adult. because of my choice to follow God and live for Him, this race isn't easy. there's twists and turns and other people are running the race as well. I'll fall down all the time, and I'll have to get back up. I won't allow myself to lie down for a bit or take a break, because you're not allowed to cheat in life. if I were to cheat in life or be selfish, I wouldn't still have a life.

in this race I'm running there's people everywhere. all start off at the same place, and all go really strong at the beginning; a fire's burning. distractions will come, and lots of us in the race will go down different roads that look like shortcuts at the time. but if you take a shortcut...it's cheating. others will fall down and get up and again, just keep going. I see people in this race who're falling down all the time, and others are helping them get back on their feet. but no one's been there to help me up when I've fallen.

as I run this race towards God with other people, I'm anxiously awaiting the day where I'll be able to look beside me, and see the person who'll be there till the end. the one who'll help me up no matter what, the one who'll love me unconditionally. the one who'll never leave because we're both in the same stride towards our forever together with our center on the one who made it all possible in the first place.

I've been running for a long time now, the race is no where near finished...

Call to me and I will tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.
- Jeremiah 33:3

julianna

"Many of the most significant moments in our lives come not because it all went right, but because it all fell apart." - Rob Bell

© Copyright 2011 Julianna - All Rights Reserved
Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
1 posted 2011-09-25 05:17 PM

9Two are better than one,
   because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
   one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
   and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
   But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
   two can defend themselves.

Eccliastes 4:9-12

Always remember you are never alone when walking with/toward Jesus... and some things are worth waiting for.  This is definately one of those things.  I praise you for the stand you have taken as a youth, and pray that you be blessed in it throughout your life.  When you do find that special someone, may you share infinate joy with him... and Him.

Michael

Just.Another.Falling.Star
since 2008-05-08
Posts 422
Canada
2 posted 2011-09-25 08:00 PM

Thank you Michael, it really does mean a lot. A journey that is worth it is never easy.

julianna

"Many of the most significant moments in our lives come not because it all went right, but because it all fell apart." - Rob Bell

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
3 posted 2011-09-26 02:46 PM

However long it takes to find that one who'll run beside you and be there for you... he's worth waiting for. *S*
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » ready. set. go...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary