navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Musings on Imagination
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Musings on Imagination Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

0 posted 2008-06-23 08:56 PM

Lying awake one night under the stars and inside the cabin -- Praise they called it -- disturbing thoughts coalesced in my mind.  I could hear God speak to me clearly as though he were right there beside me.

Oh why did you doubt?  Why did you look over the ends of the earth in search of me?  It is a shallow person who looks there.  Fool.  

I felt a certain shame but not one from which I could not redeem myself.  I was after all alone and inside of myself there in the cabin.

But where could I have looked?  It says in your word that you carried on all manner of feats.  That you raised the dead, rose from the dead, cured the sick, parted the seas, placed flesh upon dried bones, made animals talk, summoned forth pillars of fire from the depths of the Earth.

What woman could not conceive of these things of her own free will?  What man could not imagine them?  Search inside of yourself and you will find every miracle ever written.  But those are only the beginning.  Be inside of yourself and conjure miracles written nowhere in all the Earth.

By rote I ought to have been more disturbed.  After all, was not God consigning himself to an existence whose veracity depended solely upon my own volition?  No.  That imagination is best which arises spontaneously and in response to circumstance.

© Copyright 2008 fractal007 - All Rights Reserved
Danny Cobb
since 2008-07-09
Posts 74

1 posted 2008-08-09 06:41 PM

what surmizings1 what self-incriminations! what inward struggles! what search to make the lonely puzzle pieces of life all fit together as they should, or at least as we think they should!

you express yourself quite well. keep up the good work,

danny cobb

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Musings on Imagination

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary