navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Standards
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Standards Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bob Gotti
since 2003-06-07
Posts 895
United States

0 posted 2007-06-24 08:27 PM

Standards

Following the standards of this world, as your work day is unfurled,
May be the normal thing you do, as you see your schedule through,
But, Believers need to be aware, of standards that are set out there,
The standards that deny our Lord, and as moral issues are ignored.

Their standards may get jobs done, but, do nothing for God’s Son,
To help believers live their daily life, above all of their immoral strife.
With our standards set much higher, pleasing The Lord is our desire,
We desire to live and honor Him, while in this world plagued with sin.

Our standard is an Everlasting One, authorized by God’s Only Son,
God’s standard is carved in stone, put in place from God’s Throne.
A standard of unalterable ways, is needed for these changing days.
Standards followed by the wise, as the world chooses compromise.

This standard is the choice of those, who the Lord above has chose,
To shine His light in every nation, to lead all men to God’s Salvation.
God’s standard simply cannot waver, built upon our Blessed Savior,
Before the foundation of this world, it’s the only one we’re to herald.

The Word of God will be our source, as we chart our earthly course,
For The Word alone is foundational, as men seek to live God’s Will.
As the standards set forth by men, by The Lord will be condemned,
But God’s standard is eternal friend, as His will alone will never end.

(Copyright ©06/2007 Bob Gotti)

He's coming very soon, the signs are very clear,
And when that trumpet sounds, we’ll be otta here!
Waiting in Him with Great Expectation,  Bob Gott

© Copyright 2007 Bob Gotti - All Rights Reserved
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
1 posted 2007-06-24 11:41 PM

How very clear you've made this Christian way of life, a higher standard, set apart for honoring Christ.  It's so important to hold to these higher standards so the non-Chrisians witness the example.  Nice work again, Bob.

Rae

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
2 posted 2007-06-25 06:56 PM

Bob,

Reading from the King James version of the Bible, I know according to Matthew that every jot and every title is important in the Word of God, but I can't help but change the placing of the comma in Isaiah 59:19b to give more honor to whom honor is due... In other words, I prefer to read the scripture as stating when the enemy shall come in, like a flood the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him rather than when the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.

Anyway, either way, what you have written here in your poem is very important and I do believe that it is a Great tool by which we can identify ourselves and others just as a standard was a sort of flag that gave identification to the various tribes of Israel and I also believe that it is a Great tool that helps us, even today, to stand strong and noble in the face of our enemy.

Again, thank you (thank you) for sharing and God bless you.

-Bob

PonderingsS
since 2007-06-25
Posts 10
Texas now
3 posted 2007-06-25 07:07 PM

Lighthouse bob,

I'm new here --so how do you do? and all of that....  

but I am left unclear as to the difference between -standard- and -standard- as you just wrote.  I'm intrigued!  Tell me more....

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
4 posted 2007-06-25 07:24 PM

PonderingsS,

Big Smiles. Welcome (Welcome) to Passions and let me not infringe too much on my dear poet friend's posting here but at the same time let me give you a bit more to ponder as I do believe this children's song perhaps explains it best.

The song sings...

Joy is the flag that is flown from the castle of my heart, from the castle of my heart, from the castle of my heart.

Joy is the flag that is flown from the castle of my heart when the King is in residence there.

Wave it high in the sky let the whole world know, let the whole world know, let the whole world know.

Wave it high in the sky let the whole world know that the King is in residence there.

The flag in this song = standard.

God bless you and thank you (thank you) for stopping in.
-Bob

PonderingsS
since 2007-06-25
Posts 10
Texas now
5 posted 2007-06-25 07:45 PM

Okay, I do remember that song quite fondly...sang it with the Pastor who took me in at sixteen & his church for years.

Weeping may endure (I love that word, endure,) for the night, but joy comes in the morning.

That's the rub though, isn't it?  For all of us?  

I think if one is graced with joy, even in their sorrows, it is such a gift of God --in His Spirit.

To find rest (even beyond a mere 'okay, this is what God wills right now' to .....expressing in joy what God wills right now, even though such may be experiencing that very night of sorrow--is  nothing less than Great Grace presented.

The norm experience for man though, is suffering to it's maximum, during the night--without any 'joy' in it.  Our Lord's body dropped blood-drips in Gethsemene.  The suffering began then, and it was -oh-so-real.-

How I think of it all always sorta comes down to this--first the cross, then the glory.

I'm intrigued though, to explore the testimonies of such believers, who though going through such dark nights, ALSO knew the joy and so, remained faithful to Him. I think there is something there to understand in the spirit.  Your thoughts?

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
6 posted 2007-06-25 09:04 PM

PonderingsS,

quote:

I think there is something there to understand in the spirit.  Your thoughts?

I believe you are correct.

Any of the Fruit of the Spirit would be good and noble to stand for or wave as a flag or as a banner of one's identification be it Love, Joy, Peace, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, Temperance ... Oh, and, I almost forgot (it's soooo easy to do) ... Long Suffering.

Smiles. I think I may be one of those people that you described but this is not the time or place for me to expound.

I appreciate your inquisitiveness though and, again, Welcome and God bless you.

-Bob

PonderingsS
since 2007-06-25
Posts 10
Texas now
7 posted 2007-06-25 10:09 PM

Well then, let me know the time and place to expound on such.. smiles....
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Standards

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary