navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Scattered Sheep
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Scattered Sheep Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx

0 posted 2007-06-22 04:04 PM

Scattered Sheep
One God one people... denominations are a thinly veiled civil war among God's people.  The best way to beat an enemy is to divide them.  Jesus prays we would all be one as he and the Father are one.  As far as timing goes... these are words from the mouth of Jesus, so the timing is overdue.  It should be called "Jesus Church."

1. John 17:20-26:

Jesus Prays for All Believers
    20"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. 25"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

2. 2 Timothy 3:16:
16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

3. Matthew 7
Judging Others
    1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

4. Philippians 1:12-30:

Paul's Chains Advance the Gospel
    12Now I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel. 13As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard[a] and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. 14Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly.

15It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains.[b] 18But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, 19for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance.[c] 20I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. 21For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, 26so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me.

27Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel 28without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved—and that by God. 29For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him, 30since you are going through the same struggle you saw I had, and now hear that I still have.

5. Matthew 5:17-20:

The Fulfillment of the Law
    17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

6. Revelation 22:18-21:

18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

20He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon."
      Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

21The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.

7. 1 Corinthians 4:6
Now, brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not take pride in one man over against another.

just to be happy...

© Copyright 2007 Kenneth Craig Rogers - All Rights Reserved
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
1 posted 2007-06-22 11:04 PM

green_itchy_stuff,

Your title reminded me of the scripture...

6We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

7He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.  

(Isaiah 53:6-7)

Of all the Wonderful Wonderful scriptures that you shared (Jesus and the Father are one, all scripture is inspired by God, judge and be judged, to live is Christ and to die is gain, Jesus came to fulfill the law, etc. etc.), I think my favorite was "Amen. Come, Lord Jesus" because I do (I do) seriously look forward to that day!!!

God bless and I hope that you will share more of your poetry here as well as I know that you are a very very good poet.

-Bob

green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx
2 posted 2007-06-26 06:36 PM

Wow.  thank you.

God bless you as well.

-GIS

just to be happy...

pyre
since 2008-05-16
Posts 136

3 posted 2010-02-21 10:26 PM

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Scattered Sheep

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary