navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » dream.
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic dream. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
EagleScorpion
since 2000-03-08
Posts 1644
Here, Now, Forever

0 posted 2007-03-24 05:03 PM

In my dream the other night,
I was looking at maps of the United States
as it exists on other planets,
in other places throughout the universe,
and I began to ponder about how endless the universe is,
how it contains every single scenario of what could have been
and what could be
as I looked at how the continent was shaped differently
and how the faces of the people and the boundaries of the states or countries --or whatever they are in any given case--
were shaped differently than ours.
I saw their letters and their alphabets, which were usually different than ours as well. The languages, always foreign.
Well, almost always.
Sometimes, by some grand coincidence, and due to the incomprehensible size and endlessness of the cosmos,
The languages, dialects, and lifestyles were strikingly similar, in many cases.
I have seen and been actual carbon copies of myself and my family members
as well as the friends and acquaintences I know in this current life of mine--
in widely differing and varying scenarios
but the same people nonetheless.
I have also seen women with beards.
I figured this to be some genetic quirk for other-worldly humanoids throughout other galaxies.
I befriended one of these bearded ladies.
Her dark hair was tied up into two small buns on the back corners of the top of her head,
and I'll admit it that I found her to be attractive-- despite her hairy chin.
I have learned that extra-terrestrial humanoid females have beards sometimes,
and in the societies they live in they are not encouraged to shave them, or any of thier body hair, nor do they submit to men's wishes in any other way, for that matter.
In fact, sometimes it's the women who control the governments and make men their obediant servants.
On these worlds, where women rule, things tend to run a little more smoothly.
Crops are grown the way they are supposed to,
and animals are revered as Gods.
Other times, woman can prove to be just as ruthless and tyrannical on these alternate worlds as thier male counterparts. War, death and greed can prevail just as much -- even worse.
But enough about women with beards.
I got caught up in a tangent there.
What I guess I'm really trying to tell you is that it's a crazy universe out there,
and what you may be perceiving as things that are just occuring in your head
may actually be true-life events in other parts of the space-time continuum-- or beyond,
and we are merely travellers, or observers -- of this phenomenon.
Usually, we get mere glimpses through the eyes of other people and other assorted living creatures and things.
Some people claim that they never dream, but they do. They just dont remember as well as others like you can.
They cant see dreaming for the spiritually, viscerally intense experience that it can tend to be.
Who knows, some of them could be paying Heaven a visit every night they go to sleep, without remembering that they fly with angels nightly.
Still, I dont know what any of this means. I can only hope for something better when I die.
When I grow old on this world and wither away into a lifeless corpse,
I hope that God or whomever (or whatever) is running the show is going to grant me the freedom to rise above this paltry game of stars and planets and confusing dreams...and become a master of my own destiny...
free to go wherever I want,
however I want,
with whomever I want,
doing whatever I want and
being whoever I want to be,
as long as I'm always me.

© Copyright 2007 Joseph Alexander Knob - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » dream.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary