navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » In God's Name
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic In God's Name Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ivordavies
since 2007-01-10
Posts 739
Chester, England

0 posted 2007-01-27 01:59 PM

In God’s Name

No answer in diplomacy
No answer in revenge
while people die so many deaths
as they try to avenge
the sins that eons
have evolved
to hatred for their foes
for all are right
and all are wrong
depending where one goes.

There is no way that we can find
a way to end all war
as in God’s name
we claim the world
that we are fighting for
and pain will never go away
when others kill your kin
but killing them
helps null the pain,
no matter if you win.

So curse the World
and curse the God
that breeds a life of hate
if someone killed my next of kin
I'd help them meet their fate
there is no answer
that can cure
or peace forever gain
diplomacy or sweet revenge
will never ease the pain.

Ivor G Davies

The moment created this second, is a  moment that's going to last.
It lives the full spectrum of time, the future, the present and past.

© Copyright 2007 Ivor G Davies - All Rights Reserved
trutodaraiders
since 2006-12-02
Posts 820
CA
1 posted 2007-01-27 11:23 PM

I liked the poem and agree to a certain extent. I would rather curse man than curse god. For it is only wealth and power in mans heart to make war. Religion for eons of centuries has been used as a excuse to claim mans riches. I dont think God or God(s) "talking Universal here" breeds hate, but man breeds their beliefs instilling it in the minds of their children. I am not debating what you are saying..neither am i saying you are wrong just giving you my view on what I think. I hope you are not offended.

ivordavies
since 2007-01-10
Posts 739
Chester, England
2 posted 2007-01-28 03:33 AM

Trutodaraiders,

I am certainly not offended, most of my poetry is posted with the very intention of making people interrogate their own feelings.  It is by your response that myself and others get a 'balanced' view on what is being said!

I often play devils advocate, so please don't think that I 100% agree with what I say 'all of the time'.

I do not wish to offend people with deep religious views as my own experiences can be described by some as being deeply religious, but if I'm around long enough you will discover that!

Thank you for your reply and feel free to express your views on the 'content' of my writings at any time,

thanks once again,

Ivor

trutodaraiders
since 2006-12-02
Posts 820
CA
3 posted 2007-01-28 10:21 AM

Ivor you do a awsome job stirring the imagination and feelings..becoming a fan of yours..I truly liked the poem..
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
4 posted 2007-01-28 05:06 PM

Seems our sin nature to automatically think "revenge" in some way when we've been deeply hurt.  Yet you said it so well:

there is no answer
    that can cure
    or peace forever gain
    diplomacy or sweet revenge
    will never ease the pain.

Looking back, I've never planned to do any harmful revenge, but I've sure wished the perpetrator could experience the hurt they've caused another, which is a form of revenge.  

As we research, What Did Jesus Do in like circumstance?  We find our answer is to leave it to God to judge and deal with, while we pray and exemplify Christ in our lives.

Thanks for posting here, and I do pray you remain a PIPster, gracing us with your posts.

Rae

ivordavies
since 2007-01-10
Posts 739
Chester, England
5 posted 2007-02-11 03:45 AM

Rae,

Thank you for replying, as evil begets evil and is returned ten fold, we do not have to do anything except protect ourselves from it....

Ivor

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » In God's Name

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary