navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » hi to all
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic hi to all Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jenny
since 2006-03-30
Posts 45

0 posted 2006-04-20 06:01 PM

I have realised that since i  have been putting my poems on  your site. Your site Spiritual Journey  is the only one i  have been coming to.

Also i am happy to say that with Anzac day coming up next week.

Our local paper is going to publish three of my poems and i am over the moon, as it is first time i have ever had something print.

They are Fields of Red, White Crosses and Soldier, Soldier.

The last was written about a week ago .

All the best Jenny

© Copyright 2006 jenny - All Rights Reserved
poettothecars
since 2006-02-10
Posts 1093
New Zealand
1 posted 2006-04-22 07:13 AM

ANZAC Day is Remembrance Day in New Zealand

ANZAC Eve

25 April 2000

Hey Poetry Man
will you dance with me
and bask in the light of thee
Her spirit so free
as she danced with he
Eyes in brightness bare
such a wonderful pair

Hey Poetry Man
would you like to dance
thus sharing a time
enlightened in advance
A solemn moment
as foretold in time
like those you place
in rhyme

“for Gina”

The title for this works is “ANZAC Eve”, because it was written in relation to an event on the eve of ANZAC Day [a New Zealand and Australia public holiday commemorated on 25 April, each year since 1915] in relation to an event that took place the previous evening. Much the same as New Year’s Eve is the day (or evening) before New Year’s Day. Anzac Day is a day of remembrance for all those people who have fallen [died] in the act of war [all wars].
ANZAC is an acronym of Australia and New Zealand Army Corps, which was came to pass prior to the Australian and New Zealand Division landed ashore at Gallipoli on 25 April 1915. During World War One. The place of landing now known as Anzac Cove on Turkish-held Gallipoli. Nowadays the word “Anzac” is often used to describe any unified  activity between Australia and New Zealand.
© 2006 Christopher W Herbert (a New Zealand Poet)

a poet who cares

Musicmaker1969
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-06-25
Posts 589
Peterborough, Ontario Canada
2 posted 2006-04-23 08:11 AM

Well done on getting your work published.  It is an awesome feeling to have your work put out where the public can see it.  Bless you and may people be blessed through your writing.

Sheri Adams

Jesus lives in my heart!  He can in yours too!!!
Sheri Liegh Adams
sheriliegh@sympatico.ca

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » hi to all

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary