navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #23 » "Sing me Your Song"
Open Poetry #23
Post A Reply Post New Topic "Sing me Your Song" Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
D edgar Grey
since 2002-08-21
Posts 174
Hell...(aka Wisconsin)

0 posted 2002-12-08 01:12 AM

Sing me your song
Filled with joy and pain
Flowing with you
Entering my ears
And piercing my soul

Sing me your song
With tears of red
And tears of nothing
Place your emotions
Into my hands

Sing me your song
As I quietly hum along
Let time pass by
As you empty yourself
Into my thoughts

Sing me your song
Filled with joy and pain
Flowing with you
My response will be
That of silence

----------------------------------------------------

I wrote this for my friend Callie, and I think it best describes our relationship. She tells me her dreams, fantasies, pain, life--everything. Unfortunately, there is a lot in it which I want to comment on, but I can't. Callie means a lot to me, and what I want to say would hurt her too much. So I wrote this for her, hoping it would help...somehow. Please give me some advice, and be completely honest as to what you think. The ending, I know, is weak, so I'd greatly appreciate some suggestions. Thanks.

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work:  "Hello.  Can't work today, still queer." (If only...>; P)

© Copyright 2002 Carson - All Rights Reserved
garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
1 posted 2002-12-08 02:27 AM

Carson, I really liked the last line of your poem. Sometimes we say the most to help someone when we are silent. There are times that a person just needs someone to listen to them.
Good luck with your friendship.

"Love makes the world go around"
~~with love and hugs from Ethel~~

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
2 posted 2002-12-08 06:10 AM

Carson this really hit me hard because I have a friend who just tells me everything, she pours her heart out.. but I, for some strange reason, can never think of a way to reply.
She knows I listen though and care about everything she says, and we're the best of friends. ..I just go silent when she says everything, I think it hurts too much, because I feel her pain.

Anyway, understanding the little I do, I love this poem and thought that last line was the most powerful.

Keep up the good work.
Always, GG

- And so it was that time stood still -

D edgar Grey
since 2002-08-21
Posts 174
Hell...(aka Wisconsin)
3 posted 2002-12-08 12:48 PM

Thanks for the support, you two. It's very reassuring that my poem made sense, and I'm very happy that the last line doesn't seem too weak. I guess everyone is too harsh on her or himself, huh? Thanks so much.

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work:  "Hello.  Can't work today, still queer." (If only...>; P)

leafseranade
since 2001-07-06
Posts 118
Wisconsin, USA
4 posted 2002-12-13 11:35 PM

Hey. Guess I pegged the wrong person for who this one was written for/about. Sorry about that. *blushes* (I still mean what I said about Khong though) Anyway, Callie seems like a strong person and I think you should say what's on your mind. She'll know you aren't intentionally hurting her because you are true friends with one another. -Kristen
D edgar Grey
since 2002-08-21
Posts 174
Hell...(aka Wisconsin)
5 posted 2002-12-13 11:41 PM

#^_^#,,,I told Callie what I thought on Thursday during group...still not sure how it went! But...yeah, I plan on telling Khong how I feel about him one of these days...maybe! >; P
Thanks, babe.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #23 » "Sing me Your Song"

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary