navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #23 » Unknown
Open Poetry #23
Post A Reply Post New Topic Unknown Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
inkedgoddess
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-19
Posts 7392
Ohio

0 posted 2002-12-06 11:34 AM

this haunting whisper
in the depth
of the night,
shadows cast on moonlight,
a veil on its face,
i pine away
for the unknown lover
lurking in the darkness

© Copyright 2002 inkedgoddess - All Rights Reserved
Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
1 posted 2002-12-06 11:37 AM

inkedgoddess
Who knows what is in the darkness. LOL enjoyed.

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

2 posted 2002-12-06 04:22 PM

like the idea in this...but it seems to be lacking something...I read it and read it again. Then starting rewriting it in my head to be free verse...and realized that was a bit presumptious of me. Anyway.... it says you encourage critigues.. and mine is that this fall flat in part because it is a bit disjointed in image and the images used don't really grab the reader...

I do like the idea...

hope I haven't offended...

inkedgoddess
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-19
Posts 7392
Ohio
3 posted 2002-12-06 06:10 PM

no baby,  you havent..........
like i said, us brooklyn chicks could take it.........anyhow, i think i was sipping too much vino this morning when i wrote it, so if you have any suggetsions for improvement, bring it on..........i looked again and it is convuluted, altho i know what i meant.......but i will try to redo also.
thanks.......:}

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

4 posted 2002-12-06 06:44 PM

(chuckling) SO you gonna watch my lines as well huh.... well I can take it too so bring it on... I may or may not follow any advice given, but I'm always up for a listen.. LMAO

I'll be looking forward to see what you do with this.... I think I understand well enough what you are saying... but now make me want to listen... why should I listen, show me something new.... show me a twist on these images I haven't seen before... tell me how it was/is in Brooklyn if nothing else.

There is an older one of mine I reposted over in Sanctuary... go tear it up girl!

[This message has been edited by Cpat Hair (12-06-2002 06:52 PM).]

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
highways, & byways, for now
5 posted 2002-12-08 02:15 PM

inkedgoddess -

this haunting whisper
in the depth
of the night,
shadows cast on moonlight,
a veil on its face,
i pine away
for the unknown lover
lurking in the darkness

'whispers of breath
tender in evening,
sillouttes dancing in moonbeams
not veiled but shadowed,
thoughts of desire
for lover's touch,
out of the night's mist...'

BC

inkedgoddess
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-19
Posts 7392
Ohio
6 posted 2002-12-08 07:23 PM

bill,
i think yours outdid mine, as i responded to
cpats lethal ripping apart of it into shreds (only kidding, i can take it) i was a bit tipsy when i wrote it and its convuluted.
yours should be posted...

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

7 posted 2002-12-09 10:15 AM

oh lethal ripping apart huh.. ( chuckling)
nah if you want to see that go drop in on the critical forum. I don't do lethal..

(laughing)

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
8 posted 2002-12-09 11:06 AM

I like this poem a great deal, right up to the last line with the word ~lurking~, for that conjures up all kinds of negative images from a vampire, to other evil-minded creatures of the night, jumping out of the bushes.

Lurking is not romantic like the rest of the poem. I am a novice so don't bother to hunt down my poetry....I am in progress and appreciate all critiques if a reason and how-to is included....especially from a pro like Ron.

Hugs and warm regards...Pat

PS  I shudder to think what I would write were I to have a little alcohol first.. of course, it could be my best poetry yet!  At least humorous, for sure    

..without surrender, be on good terms with all persons..
        "Desiderata"

inkedgoddess
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-19
Posts 7392
Ohio
9 posted 2002-12-09 04:56 PM

cpat........only being a ballbreaker, and kidding, but you never gave me feedback on the new and revised edition that i emailed to you, so ?/

regards......you are write......lurking is not a good word, maybe waiting, or some other word, cant think now.

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

10 posted 2002-12-10 12:48 PM

(smiling) the e-mailed version was better... but this one has something more in it for you than what you sent me. I was waiting in large part to see if you were satisfied with it yourself.
  While I often re-write others poems in my head as I read them, I try not to do so where anyone else can see what I do to them.
I'm too opinionated or too fixed in my own 'voice" anything I comment too specifically on I have to watch or I find I end up writing it as if it was me, not the original writer speaking...

Now... I knew you were jerking my chain... but know I never mean to offend with a comment on a poem. We all write as we see things and as they are processed in our heads or hearts. I do not make light of that in anyone...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #23 » Unknown

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary