navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #23 » " This Space Reserved"
Open Poetry #23
Post A Reply Post New Topic " This Space Reserved" Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dr.Moose1
Member Elite
since 1999-09-05
Posts 3448
Bewilderment , USA

0 posted 2002-10-29 08:30 PM

This space reserved, they've ducked, they've swerved,
They've run, they've hid, they've got their nerve.
It's here the final battle lie, this space resevered,
it's do or die.
Come one come all, answer the call , let's jam and joust, see who gets housed!
The time has come, tweedle-de-dum, act now, or not,
dig your own plot...

The glove is tossed, to one and all, to see who'll be the first to fall, if none shall pick the gauntlet up, then victory is mine to sup...
'pose me questions, tell me lies,  quoth me ravens,
and surprise, here in form of written word, , one might yet behold the "Bird".

Who shall be the first, not "Toe" ,though he's fleet of foot I know, better he should just stay put, than get blackenened by the soot...

of words designed for Lhn Jhn Ag, not that I'm inclined to brag, read his words (they're not my bag) I'd suggest a course he'd steer, well away from Balladeer.

Speaking of the "Bard " himself, way up on the "upper shelf" makes it that much more to fall
heed the jackals' haunting call.

These but three, of many more, oh, and fun is sure in store, should they see the likes of this,
then again it's hit or miss.
Doc

[This message has been edited by Dr.Moose1 (10-29-2002 09:15 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 William E.Kleist - All Rights Reserved
majnu
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 2002-10-13
Posts 1088
SF Bay Area
1 posted 2002-10-29 09:00 PM

the form is really cool. the rythme and rhyme make it seem like old blues or maybe open mike night.

if you can get around to it please do a bit of explaining. i saw everything until the last two lines which i can only assume are allusion to Poe and "The Raven." However aside from the haunting morbidity of "The Raven" i do not see how it fits here.

Dr.Moose1
Member Elite
since 1999-09-05
Posts 3448
Bewilderment , USA
2 posted 2002-10-29 09:24 PM

majnu,
As you wre reading this before I had finished posting, I can understand your confusion. Actually, it's nothing more than a hodge-podge of bait thrown together to attract a certain type of "fish". If I have presented the bait well enough, results should be forthcoming, if not, it will quickly fade into obscurity, and won't matter.
Thanks.
Doc

Radrook
since 2002-08-09
Posts 648

3 posted 2002-10-31 02:03 AM

Competition, competition, competition, and no mercy to be seen. It's a dog eat dog world it seems. Law of the jungle.

Enjoyed the read!
Thanks for Sharing!

garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
4 posted 2002-10-31 03:42 AM

Doc, I hope that the "fish" take the "bait" that you've thrown out here. It will be quite interesting if you "catch" one (or  all) of the fish, huh???
thanks for sharing.

Love To All,
Ethel

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
5 posted 2002-12-27 02:05 AM

LOL!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #23 » " This Space Reserved"

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary