navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Surreal
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Surreal Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
BabieDoll
since 2003-02-13
Posts 268
BFE

0 posted 2003-05-30 08:48 PM

Feeling lost within myself...
So many things I thought true
Turned out to be cruel illusions
No feeling to them
No remorse for the hurt they brought
Nothing...
Nothing at all...

At one time I felt I belonged
I was no longer lonely, searching
I felt I had someone there
But now, while I lay in bed
I reach for the spot that you used to sleep
And only feel the ruffled sheet
Underneath my fingertips...*

"In life you must dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening and love like it's never going to hurt..."

© Copyright 2003 J.Lynn - All Rights Reserved
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
1 posted 2003-06-01 10:40 AM

Hey I really like this, dunno how it sunk so low with no replies. This was one I read in my reading but no replying spates, so now I've found it again to reply to
I love the imagery, very intense, specially the second stanza, with the ruffled sheets beneath the fingertips or whatever it was. It was very short but said all that needed to be said...verrrrrry clever! You convey the feeling of aching for something to be there very well for me
Thanks for sharing,
Luv Liz xxx

"Gorge the honey from life, and live through the stomach aches knowing they will pass..." ~Liz Pinard 2003~

ljossberir
since 2003-05-04
Posts 81
Ny, USA
2 posted 2003-06-01 12:56 PM

I really liked this poem, very good work.. sweet & heartfelt

"Turned out to be cruel illusions
No feeling to them
No remorse for the hurt they brought
Nothing...
Nothing at all..."

These lines particularly struck a chord with me, and this particularl feeling is rarely ever covered in poetry... when a relationship falls apart it sometimes feels like we've been "duped" into believing things were real that were merely illusions. It's that whole painful "the world is crumbling" feeling and you've expressed it wonderfully.
good work!
-matt

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Surreal

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary