navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #22 » Always Remembered
Open Poetry #22
Post A Reply Post New Topic Always Remembered Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Radrook
since 2002-08-09
Posts 648

0 posted 2002-10-11 05:31 PM

My child,
held in the antiseptic glove,
who will not laugh
and
who will never play....
The life that we once gave you
has been
snuffed Out,
and you are borne away upon a tray.

Now time moves on,
the days are passing still
just as they were before you came to be.
The children are all playing on the hills.
The birds are all still singing
on the trees.

But remember you
I always will,
Until my mind meets your eternity

© Copyright 2002 Radrook - All Rights Reserved
regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
1 posted 2002-10-11 05:57 PM

How utterly heart-rending. Two and one -half weeks ago my daughter had a miscarriage (the second in one year) and though I don't know if that was your circumstances, I know the pain deeply of which you speak of children lost and it just dawned on me this is  is so well written you never once used an emotion word.

And, you are so right, you'll meet again. The thing which comforts me is I believe they have the ultimate of love right now.

You have my deepest compassion. I appreciate you sharing this. It touches so deeply I will pass it along to her, if that is ok with you.

This is such a delicate, touching part of your personal life I feel as if I might be invading your privacy with any reply. Please forgive me if I have.

With warm hugs,  
Pat  

..without surrender, be on good terms with all persons..
        "Desiderata"

[This message has been edited by regards2you (10-11-2002 06:25 PM).]

Radrook
since 2002-08-09
Posts 648

2 posted 2002-10-11 09:51 PM

Thank you for the feedback.

I wrote this poem fourteen years ago when my former wife became pregnant. Since we had planned on not having anymore kids, she felt that an abortion was the best choice.

Since I was strongly against it, I began begging her not to do it. Well, she seemed so certain that she was going to go through with it that I was overcome with the deep sadness expressed in this poem.

Fortunately she changed her mind and my youngest daughter was born.

Yes, by all means you can share this poem with anyone who has undergone any experience for which this poem might bring spiritual or emotional comfort.

God bless!

[This message has been edited by Radrook (10-11-2002 10:26 PM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #22 » Always Remembered

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary