navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #22 » For-sake ...fear...
Open Poetry #22
Post A Reply Post New Topic For-sake ...fear... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tammy Blessing
since 2002-08-26
Posts 366
PA

0 posted 2002-10-09 09:07 PM

Hello dear friends! This was inspired by a visit to a "friends" house today. I have been trying unsucessfully to reach this poor girl ever since I met her, but she seems to fear me despite the fact that all I have done is offer advice, friendship and help with both her house and her newborn baby. Truth to tell I have almost given up...But I'm not that easy to dissuade when I know my cause is just and right. I only wish I could get through to her. Here's hopeing!!

For-sake...fear

For the sake of fear
I cower behind these walls...  
Built in heart and mind

For the sake of fear
I CANNOT
Believe in love that's blind

For the sake of fear
I tremble...
No comfort in a touch

For the sake of fear
I listen not
No one can help me much

So FINE!!!
My friend says
Don't LISTEN!!
Though I try to tell you true
But if my words cannot reach you
Perhaps by deeds I will get through
But if perchance you hear me
Try to heed my words...

Forsake this fear that feeds you
Forsake not a loving touch
Forsake not friendship given
For you will be forsakeing MUCH!!

What I offer is given freely
What I hope for is to help
To free you of these fears you have
And thereby find yourself...

© Copyright 2002 Tammy Blessing - All Rights Reserved
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
1 posted 2002-10-09 09:36 PM

You have a heart of gold, but sometimes, people just don't want our help. They are not ready for it. They have to work through things their own way--for better or for worse. It is so difficult to watch this happen, but you have done what you can and when the time is right, she may reach out and accept your extended hand.

Linda

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
highways, & byways, for now
2 posted 2002-10-09 09:52 PM

Tammy - fear can be overpowering in its own way. I hope your friend can get over this...

BC

the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
3 posted 2002-10-09 10:23 PM

Awesome write

Cold hands means a warm heart

Tammy Blessing
since 2002-08-26
Posts 366
PA
4 posted 2002-10-09 10:43 PM

Linda...I know what you mean. I have almost given up, but then she'll ask for help with something and I just can't turn down an outstretched hand (even though I sometimes feel I'm being used). Guess I'll just tough it out and hope for the best.

Bill...Yes, fear can be overwhelming and I FEAR this girl has been through a lot of very bad things in her short 21years. There is a lot of anger and fear in her, but I'm still trying. If no one reaches out to these unfortunates, who will? I'm afraid I too am a "lost cause" in a sense. I ALWAYS try to help the underdog....

loner...Thanks.

Auguste
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 3953
By the sea
5 posted 2002-10-10 03:29 PM

Trust is so hard for some.  Maybe she'll come around.   Let's hope so.  

The stars will shine when I am gone,
the earth will turn on as before,
the gulls, still race along the shore,
the morning star, still kiss the dawn

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
6 posted 2002-10-11 01:54 AM

Enjoyed...James
garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
7 posted 2002-10-11 02:54 AM

Tammy, you have such a compassionate heart for your friend. That is so touching. I'm sure that it's hard for you when she doesn't accept your advice even when she asks for it. All you can do is just keep being there for her and make sure that she knows you will be. It sounds to me like she has a hard time trusting, because of her hurtful past. Try to continue being patient with her. It sounds like she really needs you as her friend. Thanks for sharing.

Love To All,
Ethel/garysgirl

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #22 » For-sake ...fear...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary