navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #22 » The Fortitude Of Your Determination
Open Poetry #22
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Fortitude Of Your Determination Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
D.Lester Young
since 2001-12-08
Posts 1219
Austin, Tx

0 posted 2002-10-03 11:48 PM

In the protection of the castle walls
Lies the fortress of your ambitions
Bombarded under a crusade
Of life’s never ending troubles
In the pouring rain of your conviction
The inner faith is severely tested

Sand bagging the walls
To keep you from falling apart
You shore of your defenses
From crumbling hopes
In the draining of your life’s forces
Reaching deep within improvable solutions

David you are standing up to Goliath
But this inner struggle is internally supported
By the light of the All Mighty
Hoping His presence will lead to miracles
From life’s bulling pressures
From those that espouse His teachings  

The preachers of the cult of destruction
Are ready to cast their stones
Laying siege to your sovereignty  
Taking life out of your will to survive
In whispers you assert your independence
Like Fort Sumter, your flag must fly

To play the music of your personal anthem
So that the notes of your existence
Coming out of the rain destroys the hecklers own words
In the tears of their admiration
In bowed respect they chase their tails
Ready to leap at the next unfortunate victim

So as your castle has been defended
You can proceed outside its walls
Into the peaceful serenity of your smiles
For your spirit is free to fly again
Watching out for friendship in sheep’s clothing
Ready to retreat into  
The fortitude of your determination

Thought: Sometimes as you give moral support from God’s teachings to those who are being bullied, they will turn on you. Seen as a traitor they attack like a pack of wolves, even sometimes carrying the one being attacked with them, in their faint hopes of being a part of the clan. So why must we try to change things, because some of us, have to look in a mirror and not be ashamed of our own actions. So in the freedom that makes us American’s, Europeans, Asians, and Africans, we must challenge the wrongs. We must as a mass of humanity live together in the religion of everyone’s eyes in the peace of not bulling each other.

Thought: May the one that casts the first stone from any religion, on the life of any of God’s children, have a memory that survives all of eternity in the tears of their actions.

Thought: In the rights that poets have to say things and question things, I support them. In my rights as an individual, I have the right to not believe them. This is in support of a poet who expressed something and was chastised in mass for it.

Thought: You know my beaten body cries and refuses to give up because I believe. But my car is falling apart, my business is a disaster, my funds are a mess, my retirement is in Wall Street, people try to bully me, my love of writing is going nowhere, my health is in a depressed case and so on. In the stones of surviving, I just got a phone call saying my brother is having brain surgery tomorrow. He has a tumor on his brain. In my faith, give your prayers, he can sure use them.

D.Lester Young 10/3/2002
Tuscaloosa, AL
Copyright © D.Lester Young (White Eagle poetry)

© Copyright 2002 David Lester Young - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2002-10-03 11:54 PM

You have my prayers and thoughts for your brother and your entire family....(((hugs)))
Tammy Blessing
since 2002-08-26
Posts 366
PA
2 posted 2002-10-04 12:03 PM

You really should run for office or something! You have a very profound way of thinking and writing that opens the mind and begs someone to listen.
"You know my beaten body cries and refuses to give up because I believe. "
God Bless you. I too believe, and it is sometimes very hard, but those of us who do not give up ARE the truly blessed. May you keep your faith always.

"my love of writing is going nowhere"
Now THIS I DON'T believe!! Your love of writing has led you here, and I for one am listening...
BTW-I will pray for your brother tonight and tomorrow. God be with you both.
Peace,love,light and happiness,
Tammy

D.Lester Young
since 2001-12-08
Posts 1219
Austin, Tx
3 posted 2002-10-04 05:24 PM

My brother’s brain surgery went well, but they found that the cancer was spread from his lungs, so he will need chemo therapy. It was a long surgery and thanks from the prayers of my poet friends it went well. From the blessing of my words comes the greatest gift I can give you, from so deep inside me, I sometimes cry. God bless you in the words that were given to me by someone special to share here with you all.

All of you must be special angels send to guide a poet on his lonely road of life's travels. Again thanks from my heart.

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
4 posted 2002-10-04 06:09 PM

I'm so glad the surgery went well, I said my prayers today...and here's more that the chemo goes well too. My best to you and some (((hugs)))
Tammy Blessing
since 2002-08-26
Posts 366
PA
5 posted 2002-10-06 09:16 PM

Thanks for the update. I shall continue to pray for your brother as he goes through chemo. I know what you mean by the words coming from so deep inside it sometimes makes you want to cry, but there is power in your words and you know you are not alone. Keep writing and keep us posted about your brother. God be with you.
Tammy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #22 » The Fortitude Of Your Determination

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary