navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #22 » Another Place
Open Poetry #22
Post A Reply Post New Topic Another Place Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States

0 posted 2002-09-20 01:36 AM

Another Place
By Larry Chadwick
This is a development on the line “I want to go home”. I am fine it just seems an interesting way to express missing my girl and my papa.

Home is where the heart is,
And it feels like I am left alone.
For my heart is with you,
And I just want to go home.

But since you’ve passed and gone,
I’m just a visitor in this place.
It’s not the same without you,
I don’t find you in your space.

It’s a void that will not mend,
You can’t patch this broken heart.
But I’ll face the world with courage,
And never fail to do my part.

That’s the way I honor you,
By living as you would.
It helps me function in this world,
When I do some others good.

I still think that home is where the heart is,
And it truly feels like I am left alone.
For my heart will always be with you,
And I really do just want to go home.

September 19, 2002

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

© Copyright 2002 Larry Chadwick - All Rights Reserved
Madame Chipmunk
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-05
Posts 8296
Michigan
1 posted 2002-09-20 01:49 AM

Larry...  You have just summed up exactly how I felt after I lost my first husband and my son...
and you did it beautifully.
I think this is a natural way to feel under these circumstances...
Its nice to see you posting here again...
I've missed you very much.
~ loving hugs

Lyra

copyright2002 Lyra Nesius

"poetry is life distilled"  Gwendolyn Brooks

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2002-09-20 02:20 AM

(big hugggsssssss) Oh Larry, we all understand how you feel but know always that your dad and daughter will always love you and never forget you and they are always guiding you from above, right above where your home is, seeping light of comfort and love in your heart! (sigh) God Bless You, sweet friend, I send angel hugs and sympathies to you as always, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Larry, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

Muys
since 2002-04-06
Posts 389
The Netherlands
3 posted 2002-09-20 02:47 AM

Dear Larry it is so good for you ,that you can write and tell us all the sadness you feel. Nothing remains as it was.
There is a hole in your heart and in your home, but she is near you looking over your shoulder and she is so proud of you that you can make so nice poems.
Muys

[This message has been edited by Muys (09-20-2002 03:55 AM).]

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
4 posted 2002-09-20 03:07 AM

You are home, with your other loved ones. But your heart is big enough to be in both places at once, I suspect. peaceful hugs to you, always

[This message has been edited by Midnitesun (09-20-2002 03:08 AM).]

SmartChick
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-09-23
Posts 7081
On A Journey To The Unknown
5 posted 2002-09-20 06:54 AM

Oh Larry! I was just thinking about you, last night. I have missed you and was wondering where you were. This is a beautiful poem about your feelings. We all love you dear. And, we're all here for you. I am glad to see you posting, again.
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
6 posted 2002-09-20 08:14 AM

"I want to go home"---and someday you will and then you will all be reunited. As you know, you still have some work to do on this earthly plane, and when it's done---you will be going home.

God bless you and yours
Linda

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
7 posted 2002-09-20 08:25 AM

I guess we've all lost loved ones and feel that way sometimes...I know I do...my two girls and parents and many friends..but they're in heaven, so....like EarthAngel said....I REALLY have a lot to do here on earth to get there to be reunited...sometimes I think I'll be standing in line at those Pearly Gates, right behind someone like Mother Teresea and here God say something to her like: "You could have done more"?...Now that's a pleasant thought don't ya think?

[This message has been edited by Toerag (09-20-2002 09:04 AM).]

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
8 posted 2002-09-20 10:35 AM

This is beautiful, Larry... that agony of being left behind is intimately understood by everyone who's lost a loved one. But as other's have said better, Ginger and Papa had finished their work here... there's more for you to do, aching heart and all. And through the tears, there will be more smiles... with a heart as full of love as yours, that's inevitable. *S*

As for Toe... I don't think he or Mother Teresa either one have a thing to worry about! *G*

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
9 posted 2002-09-21 01:27 AM

Lyra,
Thanks. Grieving is an interesting process. I don't actually experience these feelings. But it seems such an appropriate way to express the loss. (If that makes any sense.)

Noah,
Thanks for always offering encouragement. I don't believe that I am all alone. But I certainly feel loneliness for the first time in my life, for two people who are gone.

Muys,
You are such a faithful and experienced friend. Please know that I am fine. Still exploring what it means to live without significant people that I love. Thank you. :0

Kacy,
What a cool line! Yup my heart is more than big enough to be in both places at once. I knew I could count on you.

Hey Sue,
Well thank you indeed. If I chronicled for you all my extracurricular activites your head would spin off its shoulders. LOL I am doing well. And life is good. But I am intrigued exploring the new territory of loss and loneliness. Bless you.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
10 posted 2002-09-21 01:33 AM

Linda,
:} It's nice to know that some understand. And I love your response. Thanks that was very lovely.

Toe,
What an incredible burden you bear! And humor...what a weapon. You do well and I hope in fact you are. Thanks always for your friendship.

suthern,
Somehow I know you are right! And you are very kind in your support. Thank you.

Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York
11 posted 2002-09-28 11:04 AM

Dear Larry-

A moment in time when innocense is halted. A second when your heart will falter. Never once have you ever, made someone not want to be around you. Your heart is purely gold. And your friendship means everything in the world to all of your friends. Poetry amazes me. Especially when it comes from you. I never read a poem by you without thinking wow this is positive maybe I should apply that some how to the way I act. Thanks Larry. I will turn to you.
Love ya.

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
12 posted 2002-09-28 09:59 PM

Kellie,
I'm not the One to turn to. But it is nice to know that I can inspire something positive. Bless you dear girl. Courage, peace and hope to you.

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
13 posted 2002-09-29 10:54 AM

Life is so unfair at times....I ached with you reading this....cry if ya need to many shoulders will comfort...
Lauren~

I need some distraction
...oh beautiful release
Memories seep from my veins

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
highways, & byways, for now
14 posted 2002-09-29 10:57 AM

Larry - I must admit, this brought a tear to my eye. Very deep writing my friend, and done very well with many emotions....

BC

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
15 posted 2002-09-30 12:04 PM

Lauren,
And a comfort they are! Thank you dear friend for your faithfulness.

Bill,
Don't mean to bring you down. Just feeling my way along a path which I have never before trod. Thank you for your understanding.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #22 » Another Place

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary